1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

See the quote box for the edited highlights! :D I can make light of it now but it was far from pleasant.

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Bloody hell - a horror story! :( I can see why you're apprehensive about the second.

3. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

I had 3 days of feeling rough with the first jab but had no problems with the second one

@Zou Hope things work out the same for you and that you have no ill effects from your second dose.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

So far so good, nothing untoward to report. :)

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I, of course, had no problems with the first and was knackered for 24 hours after the second. But I am well known for that sort of thing. ;)

Catriona, peterba and AndyTake2 like this.
  6. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Well, we're all contrarians, Steve. Oh, errrrrrr - wait a moment....... o_O :confused: :D

Catriona and SXH like this.
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Just as well I didn't have the vaccine. my very good friend who is on the staff of a nearby Care Home (unaffected so far) reacted badly after her second jab.
    Her BP plummeted and what did they do? Panic and run around. What did they give her? Nothing. They just waited to see what would happen. Fortunately after some time, luckily she started to recover enough to go home. It could have ended so much more badly.

8. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

They are probably inculcated with the mantra - "Do not rescuscitate".

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

You could be right. My GP wasn't much better at first, but in the end (probably prompted by the trainee) he jabbed me with adrenaline.

10. WillieJ

Do you have one of those [epi] pen things? If not might be a good idea to get one.

Catriona likes this.
  11. Catriona

With me it's drugs not food. That's why I don't go on any new ones.

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Epinephrine is the stuff that is normally used in an epipen. It is exactly the same drug as adrenaline, so it would not be new to you.
    If one of the vaccines is eventually deemed to be ok for you then it might be sensible to make sure that adrenaline is available.

Catriona likes this.
  13. Catriona

I will ask. I want to know what action they would take. I was astonished at the lack of care for my friend. Quite disgusting.

14. WillieJ

I was not kidding when I suggested a culture of non intervention in the case of medical emergencies.

Catriona likes this.
  15. Catriona

Might apply to me, but not her. She's not 50 yet.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

This is the vaccine thread, not what did you have for dinner. :rolleyes:

Catriona likes this.
  17. Catriona

Ha! Apologies.

Zou likes this.
  18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Accepted. Just disappointed to see you perpetuating Scots stereotypes.

Catriona and MJB like this.
  19. Catriona

What? Sober and an accountant? ;)

Zou likes this.
  20. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No way. The Scotts are generous. Try a Yorkshireman from Leeds, the centre of Northern Finance.

Catriona, DaveM399 and Zou like this.