1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countryfile BBC 26/04

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by fossil, Apr 28, 2015.

1. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch this and the piece about the Pennine Way with Derry Brabbs? Did you see he was using A SONY A99??

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Serious photographer - what do you expect? :)

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Never watch it, and what pray is wrong with Sony cameras?

4. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Nothing at all, I have A200, A580, and A77, while my wife has A55. Comes from being a Minolta user I guess, you get used to being in the minority, and pleasantly surprised to see one in the hands of a respected pro, though I have been told it might not be an A99, could it be A77mk2? I can`t read the model on iplayer, but presumed a landscape pro photographer would be using A99. Either way it was definitely a Sony.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

^ The SLTs whilst the viewfinder image can be inferior to that of an SLR have the advantage of being quiet in operation and have a wide range of lenses that are stabilised due to the inbuilt "Steadyshot". I picked up a 500mm f8 Reflex lens last week, I was most surprised to find it sitting in the used cabinet with mostly less exotic company. At £220 it was impossible to pass over.

6. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I always watch Countryfile for the weekly weather forecast.

I noticed the Sony too but couldn`t identify it.

7. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

He did not show any of his picture's though did he?