1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country file photography comp.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grierson, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

I May be alone but is anyone else dissapointed in the judges selections for this year’s calendar?

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Wot calendar? Wot judges?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

First time I've seen them. I guess they fit the brief for a BBc calendar.

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Didn't know there was one.

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I gave up on that about 10 years ago!

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I never seem to get wind of the opening date. I only ever hear about it when it's finished!

7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I saw it last night, and they seem to fit the bill - except that I don't know what the original brief was.
    The one that I now can't stand is the big one hosted by the Natural History Museum (Wildlife Photography of the Year), and which is often given to me in book form as a Christmas present. Years ago, I was impressed by the high standard and creativity. Now, I'm suspicious that the judging panel is dominated by a strong personality, and this puts a sameness over most of the selection. I think I've asked for it to be taken off my Xmas present list...

8. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

all seemed very"Safe" totally lacks excitement.

10. Nikon_Peter

Nikon_Peter Well-Known Member

For those who missed it this years 12 can be found here: http://www.countryfile.com/article/...how-to-enter-countryfile-calendar-competition
    For me 'Waxwing Lyrical' and 'Fields of Gold' are the only ones that make me stop and look. A lot of the others are quite generic - indeed 'Fields of Gold' is hardly original but there's something calm about it I like. Does anyone else think 'Pole Position' looks slightly off?