1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

In scientific circles, once one has exhausted the Greek alphabet one moves onto the Hebrew alphabet. I am sure that Microsoft et al will make Cyrillic alphabets easily available when they are needed. We have many alphabets to go.

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I reckon we could use some of these....... to test our government. Fairly sure that every single one of them would test positive.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I've got a packet. Rapid Antigen Test.

4. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Oh deary me! It seems he might have been telling porky-pies all along, or even worse, using a forged official document.

Novak Djokovic: Doubts over timing of Covid test - BBC News

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

6. SqueamishOssifrage

I'm doomed, doomed I tell you. I've got it, and a really bad case. Lockdownitis that is. I've started watching really old Sci-fi movies on YouTube, and what's worse, nearly enjoying them. A hopeless case - may the gods help me. :eek::D

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I gather things are really, really bad when you relish watching the test card!

Catriona likes this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Good to see Liz Truss sat in a packed house of commons without a mask yesterday, announcing she won't be travelling to the Ukraine today as she's tested positive for Covid. :rolleyes:

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If she could just manage a few great expectorations while she's there...

Zou likes this.
  10. Learning

No need for the great expectorations. You already know that Omega is very transmissible and is also likely to cause reinfections. No doubt Liz and Boris would have had discussions about their intended trip. Perhaps Boris will come down with omicron while in Ukraine.

11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong, but seeing the stats on deaths, I suspect no-one is strivinng to hard now to maintain life. Seems a quick turnaround (out in box) from ICUU these days. Scotland's figures.

My HB c/exec boobed the other day and posted far more illuminating data on his daily report on FB. It was quickly deleted, but showed the majority of new cases here are patients and staff in our hospital. Great eh?

12. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Perhaps the Russians will invade Ukraine, close the borders and keep him there …..

Catriona likes this.
  13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

He's only going so he can let His master Putin in by the back door

You can take that anyway you want...

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  14. SqueamishOssifrage

Johnson doesn't strike me as a person of great personal courage. If Putin merely farts he will be out of there like a rat up a drain pipe.

miked and Catriona like this.
  15. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

...or into a fridge?

DaveM399 and Zou like this.
  16. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

The omicron outbreak is slowly spreading here - 142 new cases. The timing for booster shots has been cut back to 3 months.

17. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

John, is that 3 months for your first booster after the initial 2 shots, or will you be having boosters every 3 months?

John Farrell likes this.
  18. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Three months after the second shot. No decision made yet on further boosters, they've only been running for a month.

WillieJ and DaveM399 like this.
  19. Learning

Here everybody is to get mandatory live virus. Survivors will have superb ongoing protection from serious disease.Those genuinely susceptible to covid will die. This is survival of the fittest in action. The nation will be all the better for it. Stiff upper lip chaps. I am intending to be a survivor.
    Think I'm joking? Think again.

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Or as Darwin put it.... "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change."

Learning and Catriona like this.