1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I’ve heard of several people who have been poorly after the Moderna one. My sister was ill and it made her very weepy apparently.

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I won't be due a booster until end of January. Had AZ before so presume next week be Pfizer/Moderna.

3. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Well I go for my booster tomorrow.

I have heard that if you had AstraZeneca before you can ask for that again as your booster, I would much prefer to have the same "brand" for my booster, I don't want the Moderna one.

I shall be refusing the flu jab.

4. dream_police

I thought if you had AZ it had to be one of the others. Perhaps I’m mistaken though.

How come you are refusing the flu jab?

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

All mine have been the Pfizer - 1st; 2nd & booster.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

My dad was the same.

7. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Don't know if I have posted this before on a Covid thread and as I am sitting happilly outside a half bottle of Cava I dont care enough to check.
    Jabs 1 and two were phizer.
    Booster was Moderna. 12 hours after booster felt uncomfortable enough to get up and take 2 Codis. Other than a multi colour circle round the jab point and some localised pain no other noticeable reaction. Localised pain subsided quickly. Still a bit bruised looking.
    No lollipop for any of them.:(

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

With the Moderna booster I had arm ache for 3 days, enough to want to take paracetamol. It was like being kicked. Not a thing in the other arm that had the flu jab.

WillieJ likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just checked and in Scotland the official word is all boosters are Pfizer/Moderna; AZ only offered if personal medical reasons exist for not having one of the others.

10. dream_police

Looking at the NHS site for England, it is the same, AZ only given if you can’t have the others.

11. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Well, they bought ‘em. Gotta use ‘em.

Zou likes this.
  12. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Our local BBC TV news this evening was all about Prince Charles opening the swanky new AZ research centre on the Cambridge Bio-Sciences campus. Lots of new AI & Virtual Reality toys etc. able to assist in cutting edge research - we were told...
    (Back in 1934 during the depression, my recently made redundant father joined ICI Dyestuffs division at Blackley, Manchester, and this was the start of ICI's pharmaceutical division, which morphed into AZ. )

13. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I had AZ for the first and second, and then Moderna for the booster. Mrs M had her jabs a few days before mine, AZ and then Pfizer for the booster (all at the same centres as me). I presume it’s all down to what is available at the time rather than any clinical reason?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Zou likes this.
  14. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I had az for the first two and Pfizer for the booster. No problems.

15. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Mine were all Pzifer , first one bit of a sore arm, second one nothing
    Booster I felt permanently tired for several weeks and have had 2 colds since then. Before anyone says it doesn't work against colds etc I know but it's unheard of for me to get 2 colds within 3 weeks of each other

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I refer you to your damp/cold issues at home, as being more likely a connection than the vaccination.

Learning and dream_police like this.
  17. dream_police

As Zou mentioned, contact Shelter, but you'll probably find your council will also have a department for it too. Might be worth a call to them. A boiler being out of service for this long is totally unacceptable.

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

If you have mould you may end up with sort of fungal infection, which if got to your lungs would be very nasty

19. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

First, and last time, I had the flu jab I was as sick as a dog.

I have never had the flu jab again since.

Catriona likes this.
  20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Last one I had about 4 years ago, I was ill afterwards and arm resembled a red balloon. Doctor said no more!