1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Well, I'd have hoped so too. Pity we haven't.

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I've never had to deal with a serious trauma (dislocated shoulder is the most serious injury), but I've dealt with some pretty gruesome things on the farm. Sheep and an express train was grisly. I've had to do CPR once and he didn't make it. That shook me up for a while, but I don't think I'd hesitate if I had to again.

3. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

I have. I now have iron in my soul - good old Jean Paul bless him.

peterba likes this.
  4. peterba

Norn Iron? ;) :D

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I don't remember mentioning it here. I do remember singing it with a lot more jingoistic stuff after the referendum. Someone had duplicated song sheets, correctly realising that few people knew the words. :D

6. WillieJ

I am lucky I have never had any experience like that.
    Can I be forgiven for levity?
    If it had been a Texel it would have been the train that needede attention. These buggers are scary on the other side of a stout fence.
    Sorry.

MJB likes this.
  7. WillieJ

Pan fried or boiled Monsieur?
    Edit - Sorry let me translate that into Major - Monsewer?:D

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

My daughter was advised to leave uniform after dealing with a particularly unpleasant railway suicide. When she came back off sick leave, someone had noticed that she holds various qualifications and offered her a place on one of the technical teams. She's been there for a few years now and seems happy with it, though I get the impression that there's been the occassional situation where she's had to press the red button. :(

9. Learning

It's a joke. It's making fun of history.
    More serious is the nationalist drivel spouted by the wee Crankie. She means it.
    The splitting of any island, whether New Guinea, Cyprus, Ireland, or Britain to mention just a few is sad. So often such divisions are due to the stupidity of religion.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

FTFY!

gray1720, steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  11. Learning

I am glad that you would not hesitate to do it again. I collapsed in our gym about 15 years ago. I was oblivious to what was happening. Apparently some one did CPR. Some one got an ambulance. Someone got the defibrillator from the bowling area downstairs. Apparently the odds were over 90% against me in those days. It must have been very stressful for the people involved. I am very thankful to everyone who helped.

Zou likes this.
  12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

We really ought to have more AEDs in public places.

Learning likes this.
  13. Learning

Misquoting is to be expected from a anarchist.

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it was an accurate assessment. ;)

steveandthedogs and WillieJ like this.
  15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

nope, black and IIRC both cops were white.

But if we are going to stereotype, then perhaps we should assume that the guy shooting at the cops was black, or is that type of stereotyping not allowed?

TBH, I have seen many US cop shootings on folk of all colours. The police over there for many years did F' all for any of them once they are down. Very rarely would they administer trauma care. I don't think they gave 2 ***** what colour you were.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Zou and WillieJ like this.
  16. peterba

Please try to be sensible. It's obvious that you're referring to Nicola Sturgeon - who, at least, tries to take politics seriously - unlike the vacuous tw@t in No10. Regardless of whether one agrees with her politics or not, she does make an effort to deal with matters of moment. By stark contrast, Johnson is lazy, incompetent, and weak....... and a massive f*ckwit, to boot.

I would much prefer that Nicola Sturgeon were in charge of the covid problem for the entire country. I'd have a great deal more confidence in her, than I have in the Prize Idiot who tries to make himself look like a scruffy, gormless scarecrow - in a sad and pathetic attempt to disguise the fact that he is nothing more than a scruffy, gormless scarecrow.

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Well it had to happen to someone I know and it happens the someone I know is me!
    Last night sitting indoors after a nice dinner and I got pinged!
    I have zero idea how this happened when I thought about it apart from at work the only two people I have sat down and talked to one does not have the app on his phone and the other one doesn't even have a mobile phone!
    I guess I could have ignored it after all apparently unless you get called by a contact tracer it isn't a legal obligation to self isolate except HMG's website says it is but that says I need to isolate for 10 days and the app says 8
    Anyway I could have ignored it but I thought it only fair to tell the boss and order a test, as I am a key worker some trusts are exempting on a case by case basis so I really hoped they'd do that.. Nope blanket ban until next Friday even if I test negative
    So day 1 , managed to get a click and collect at the Co-Op over the road, I needed some stuff I planned to go to Lidls after work today but obviously that didn't happen so it's already costing me money and just before payday I don't need this. I might have been able to hold on if Amazon Prime suddenly aren't doing next day deliveries but rather Monday ones! I cannot hold off on loo roll until Monday for a start!
    Thankfully as I know the phone number for my local Co-Op I let them know the situation and they let me know when my order was ready and I ran over there and the security guy had it so he put my bags down and backed off to let me pick them up
    Apart from that I haven't left the house, my flat is really hot and I am considering a batch of options that include jumping out the window

Catriona likes this.
  18. WillieJ

Yawn yawn yawn. :D

19. WillieJ

Sorry Leslie, I can only hope you still get paid. W

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A pleasant surprise, following all the killings of black men by police and the number of times white people shooting at police are arrested rather than shot, followed by the officers buying them a fast food takeaway.