1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Where I work it's nearer twice that, sadly the restarant prices are typically considerably higher than the members room menu too.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Scotland's 5 tier corona measures explained:

IMG_20201024_194616.jpg

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

That got a cackle from the missus, Zou. Mind you, she's from Aberdeen, so I might have to translate.

Zou likes this.
  4. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Rumour has it that in Aberdeen, announcing that the number of Charities street collecting has been drastically increased, might be more effective than a Tier 2 or 3 lockdown ...

5. gray1720

I think I remember Time Team digging that joke up...

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

That's because of the mean Americans populating that city now.

Actually the oil indistry is a real pita for me. They obviously test the workers, then if positive, send them home!! We've gained several here. Angry.

Zou likes this.
  7. gray1720

A very well thought out program. *We* don't have it, FUJIAR.

Catriona likes this.
  8. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Is it me, or does the new Scottish system of 5 tiers lead to more confusion. A lot of people seem to have trouble with just three. The one that gives out the wrong message is tier 0. To many people, this gives the impression that it's over and back to normality, whereas there are still a few restrictions. I guess they went for 0 so that tiers 1 to 3 still match the existing three tier system?

So it's all ending in tiers!

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Tiers of a clown...

DaveM399 likes this.
  10. Catriona

I'll be impressed when she sorts out the oil industry, its workers, its bosses - and the untouchables of the central belt. Travel is a danger to us all but appears it cannot be stopped.

11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This is about Nicola's tier system being more complicated, more confusing and much better than Boris' system

Derek W and SqueamishOssifrage like this.
  12. Learning

Don't forget that its the "untouchables of the central belt" who may give you the majority that you want when the independence poll eventually happens.

13. Learning

I would have thought that the oil industry could afford to hire a holiday camp with lots of separate chalets. It would be near perfect for safely isolating people who might be infected. Close the central restaurant of course and deliver meals to the chalets.

Catriona likes this.
  14. Catriona

I was referring to the parliamentarians, the financial wizards and bankers and various HQs there. Not the real people.

Zou likes this.
  15. John King

John King Well-Known Member

Nicola is not called tiny tiers for nothing

16. Catriona

Crocodile ones? She's had a good teacher from down South.

17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Since only 6 people are allowed to meet at Christmas, yet 30 can attend a funeral, my brother has invited me along to celebrate his pet turkey's demise on December the 25th.

Trannifan, LesleySM and AndyTake2 like this.
  18. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I may suggest that to my brother. He is Mr Christmas, he just loves the whole thing and usually has around 16 people in for Xmas dinner

19. Learning

That's the umpteenth variation of that joke that I have seen. The first version (for me) was in Private Eye.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've seen it possibly 3 times on this forum already, plus PE.