1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

This doesn't
    really affect me but you good folk ought to be aware! It was sent to me by some American friends who got it from a weird website that they use to 'learn' about the UK.

MickLL

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

[sarcastic cynic] I'm assuming the world beating, best of British test & trace system has identified illicit sexual liaisons as a major source of new Covid-19 cases in England, or is it because a Labour whip was caught out meeting her married lover and despite her resigning, the government wish to make political gain from it? [/sarcastic cynic]

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

How are they going to catch you in your house? The police have no power of entry and any entry would be unlawful.:eek:

AndyTake2 likes this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Presumably, if you can't have sex, you have no power of entry either?....

Derek W, LesleySM, Learning and 2 others like this.
  5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

What if my penis is 2m 20cm?

6. dream_police

Then you'd be exaggerating by 2m 10cm.

7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

As you are not allowed into the house I guess that you would need to poke it through the letter box.

MickLL

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Which has a strong spring? ;)

AndyTake2 likes this.
  9. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

As I said the link was from a strange US website that purports to give UK news. Their speciality seems to be finding weird stories (such s this one from the Daily Mirror) and implying to their readers that the story is sweeping the UK .

MickLL

10. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Ah...the coil.

Apparently the really reckless people are removing their mobile phone before the act so that that the app does not work.

Graeme

11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

The mind boggles! From where?

12. gray1720

Where's an eyes watering smiley when you need one?

13. dream_police

Many years ago I used to have a phone known as the banana phone by Nokia. That’d be handy.

Catriona likes this.
  14. dream_police

At one time dictaphones were quite popular!

15. gray1720

I tried using my dictaphone, but it was so much easier just using my finger.

Zou and DaveM399 like this.
  16. dream_police

Certainly whilst in public. A bit too much trouble.

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Oy! That's the only secretarial joke
    "Can I use you Dictaphone?"
    "No use your finger like everyone else"

gray1720 and AndyTake2 like this.
  18. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I don't understand. When the virus made its early appearances we were advised to stay off Ibuprofen - now this,.

MickLL

19. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Looks like Sweden is beginning to reap the benefits (not) of it's no lockdown policy:
    Sweden Lockdown

20. dream_police

That was dismissed quite early on. It mentions it in the report too. The report also states that they are using a different formulation too.