1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

You're talking about the National Centre for Governmental Incompetence.................

Lynn

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your GP is more than likely to say - who???

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Forget all the baffling bits about who you can meet and where you can meet, just what is so confusing about keeping your distance?

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It's all just a trick of perspective when using a long lens. At least that's what I get told when I have mentioned it:rolleyes:

5. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I have to admit that I believe many images shown in the media may have contained some elements of untruth, but I do think these are pretty neat the truth. Governments may seem stupid at times, but some people are stupid all the time!

Learning likes this.
  6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

There you are, I fixed that for you. ;)

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Did Spike Milligan produce this sketch after he met Boris, whilst Ted Heath was running the country? :D

8. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Well-Known Member

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

But when the ‘copters landed they didn’t really have anywhere else to go in fairness.

Admittedly it did look a bit too crowded anyway!

10. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Personally.....
    I don't see a problem with being less than 2 metres from anyone so long as we don't cough, breathe, sneeze over each other, and don't touch each other

Passing back-to-back at "minimal separation" seems perfectly acceptable, eg in supermarket aisles

Catriona likes this.
  11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Scotland's figures as reported by GovScot are:

Tested: 114322
    Negative: 98922
    Positive: 15400
    Died: 2362

732 were in hospital last night: 20 of whom were in intensive care, with another 7 with suspected COVID-19 in intensive care

How this translates is 13.47% of those tested have been positive.
    Of this positive sample, 15.34% have died.
    Deaths as a percentage of all these tested is 2.07%

PS One thing which has just come out of the woodwork, is that the head of Orkney Health Services has been commuting regularly to the mainland. Apparently for essential reasons (they always find an excuse)
    Now there's another case in the Orkney Islands after more than 4 weeks free of cases.

12. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

For example if we're all dead...

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Got reekin with neighbours last night.

PSX_20200531_153931.jpg

14. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Well-Known Member

Agreed they didn't really have anywhere else to go. But given the enormous emphasis placed on social distancing it is unfortunate that vast crowds were herded together, with considerable transmission risk, because just three imbeciles risked, and nearly lost, their lives by doing something utterly stupid! If I had been one of those compressed into a massive group, I would feel a lot less than sympathetic to the foolhardy jumpers!

15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I have never understood why some people expect us to have sympathy with the extremely stupid.

dangie likes this.
  16. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

there but for the grace of intelligence....

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Social distancing is doable even indoors- Me and a friend have been inside each others flats for various reasons and sometimes even stayed a few hours chatting 12 feet apart at all times just takes a little planning

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Durdle Dor today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267036480221954048

It seems clear to me that the government's desire to rush the easing of the lockdown, along with the support of the actions of Cummings, Jenrick et al, they have lost control of the situation.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

To be fair, one of the tombstoners was concerned about corona, so jumped there to check his eyesight. Still to be confirmed whether the other two were his wife and son.

Trannifan, LesleySM and John Farrell like this.
  20. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Nah this is Cummings cunning plan to introduce herd immunity. I was going to explain my theory on here but it turned into a 4-page playlet, which I admit I did enjoy writing

Zou, John Farrell and ascu75 like this.