1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

7 in 6 minutes and 2 shares. At this rate Nige's photo could make every front page by Friday! Nige if you need an agent my fees are fairly reasonable....

2. LesleySM

[​IMG]memorial in the middle of

miked likes this.
  3. LesleySM

Nice surprise this evening, had to meet up with Sharon to pay her some money I owed so we met outside the little shop by the church and she said "I'm having a beer with Scots Jim in the park"

l leapt about 14 feet in the air "You left a 67 year old guy with heart problems in there alone!"

(Grove Hall Park has such a bad reputation in 35 years I have never been there. It's where the local winos etc in the square send people who'd give them a bad name. My friend Alan once took his dog over there and was accosted at 6.30 in the morning by some woman desperate for her next fix who grabbed his groin and asked if he was "up for by business" when he beat a hasty retreat she chased him screaming "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? ARE YOU QUEER OR SOMETHING? LOOK IF YOU WANT ME TO F**K YOUR DOG AS WELL I CAN DO EXTRAS!")

"Oh it's okay now" said Sharon "They only come out after dark"

So I walked past the Nunnery and into the park and it was lovely. Few people exercising their dogs or sitting/walking about. Nice war memorial We sat and talked for a bit .Thinking weekend might use for camera over there

4. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

After dark? A big flashgun, and running shoes?

5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

We're down to 8 active cases, but unfortunately we've had 1 more death, a lady in her 90s. She got covid in April, recovered, but the Health Ministry felt that covid contributed to her death. We now have 22 deaths.

6. miked

miked Well-Known Member

And being truthful is also irrelevant, as evidenced over the past number of days.

7. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

But he should at least display some loyalty and a hint that he might have some backbone. He abandoned his position without telling his boss.

Graeme

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I thought the agreed story was that they probably did speak to each other but because they were both ill neither can remember...

John Farrell likes this.
  9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Known as pasionate fingers - everything they touch gets f*cked

10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So, do the Nuns go into the park to save souls there, or spot the flashers?

11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Or, conversely, flash the spotters? (Oooooh! Mother Superior!)

John Farrell likes this.
  12. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that he had been in Durham for a couple of days before they had their covid addled conversation.
    They are using confusion and obfuscation to see them through.....

Graeme

13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh well done our police force.
    Cummings may have committed a minor breach, so no fine for him.
    That will please all the other people who have been fined so far, for their very minor breaches.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52835982

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I remember seeing early figures showing that a significant number of the fines made in the first few weeks were 'unlawful.' There will doubtless be a great sense of injustice from those who have experienced this first hand.

steveandthedogs and Catriona like this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Cummings and his glove puppet have provided us with absolute proof of the non-existence of any deity. Otherwise there would have been a flash of lightning and two charred corpses. :p

John Farrell, Trannifan and Learning like this.
  16. LesleySM

Neither it's an arts centre called The Nunnery because there was convent there until fairly recently

17. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I think it’s fair to say that most of the fines given out were not simply for breaking the lockdown rules, but for groups and individuals being bolshy and abusive to the police when asked to return home. Those that did what they were told received a slap on the wrist and don’t do it again.

Learning likes this.
  18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Not good enough for those people who hate Cummings. They want Cummings treated specially.

19. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

No they want him bound by the same rules as everyone else:
    If you are showing symptoms you ISOLATE not drive hundreds of miles to meet extended family.
    If there is a question about your eyesight you do not drive until after your eyesight has been checked out.

Going to a semi local beauty spot with your wife & child isn't something that can believably be considered a 'test drive' in any event, but lets not go into judging the truth of his claims. His own statements show he has gone against both the spirit & the letter of the rules.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If they were fined (under the coronavirus legislation) for being bolshy and abusive that would probably be unlawful; an appropriate offence should be charged instead.

steveandthedogs and Catriona like this.