1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Will opticians be allowed to open on 15th June? Asking for a friend.

steveandthedogs and DaveM399 like this.
  2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Does he need Calpol for his son? Immodium for his wife.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Refer them to this self-assessment tool:
    (from @darren_cullen)

[​IMG]

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Brasso for his neck.

5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

I went past my opticians on Friday & the sign in the window said they were open 3 days a week due to covid.

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I think it was actually very forward thinking of the police to sing "dont stand so close to me".....

Graeme

7. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Isle of Lewis next stop then

8. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Muckle Flugga.

Graeme

9. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

This is why folk go to

[​IMG]

Petrochemist and Trannifan like this.
  10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Both of which are amply available anywhere

11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Apparently his defence is his son has autism....

Never come up before as far as I know

Visions of Cummings telling his son "You're autistic"
    "Am not!"
    "You are until this blows over"

12. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Last night the BBC's Android news app had the Cummings saga as the top FOUR separate international news items, all basically rehashing the same thing, four times over, here with the world going to hell in a handbasket. I think the BBC's left wing bias is showing through a little. Either that, or they're petrified of losing their licence fee, and are pushing for regime change!

13. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

How strange.

Cummings broke lockdown rules, drove across country putting other people at risk, refuses to apologise, refuses to acknowledge the impact of his actions, and then he and Johnson effectively say 'well if you were stupid enough to follow the rules that's your fault'.

Meanwhile people were unable to be with their loved ones as they passed away, unable to visit their family, unable to go to funerals, had to isolate and make do for weeks relying on local help.

It is the top story at the moment because it shows the absolute contempt Cummings and Johnson have for the nation.

It's got nothing to do with left or right wing bias, and in fact you'll find someone saying the BBC's right wing bias is constantly showing.

It's got everything to do with the absolute contempt they have for the rule of law and people who follow it.

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Millions on the left: "The BBC is failing to hold government to account whilst targetting Labour for petty criticism!"
    2 blokes on the right: "The BBC is a left-wing institution constantly attacking our Boris!"
    BBC: "We are criticised from both sides, which proves we are balanced and impartial."

LesleySM and dangie like this.
  15. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Sorry Mick, but Cummings' stock-in-trade is the twisting of the truth to suit political objectives. You call my post a rant, but you ignore the incoherent ranting of Boris Johnson at the podium this weekend, and his verbal flailing when unable to answer a journalists' straightforward questions. He cannot function in his PM job without Cummings whispering in his ear.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

IMG_20200526_084149.jpg

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

18. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The story seems to lead in a lot of the newspapers as well. Even the far right ones like the Mail.

S

19. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I've been a bit critical of some of the images shown in the media lately concerning people flocking to beauty spots ignoring self distancing. Look hard enough and you can easily find an image to suit your story.

However I do believe pictures of yesterday's Bank Holiday beaches etc are pretty much correct. Yes, maybe government guidelines are confusing, yes Cummings is a ****, but most of all far too many of the public are either plain stupid or they just don't care and only think of themselves. 'We' are our own worst enemies.....

dream_police and Zou like this.
  20. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Boris has just shown how much he appreciates those old Labour-held areas voting for him at the Election....