1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Too smart for BJ, that's the problem.

2. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I've just ordered food from my local chippy for delivery :eek: Wish me luck :p

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Just be grateful the Government isn't delivering it to you (or not as the case may be):rolleyes:

4. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I think they just leave it on the doorstep, ring doorbell, then do one:D

I will give him a decent tip (risky job at the moment)

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Sounds like Boris and co.:rolleyes:;)

LesleySM likes this.
  6. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I see the government's latest coronavirus strapline is "Act like you have got it". Good to see Hancock following his own advice. :rolleyes:

8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Article in the FT about just how many ventilators could have already been supplied if it weren't for the cronyism of the half-wits in power:
    https://www.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

...looks like the link may ask you to join, so a summary:

"Direct Access said it first contacted officials on 16 March ....could obtain manufacturing slots of 5,000 machines per week, ...would now have supplied up to 15,000 ventilators with a further delivery of 10,000 within the next two weeks,”

MEC medical said they could have probably had 500 ventilators from them if they had got back to them straight away....

Another company said they had contact the government to offer hundreds at $15k each..

and the list goes on
    Why would they want someone so competent?
    Can't have a Brigadier who might just tell the Government what a bunch of wakners they are at this supply lark.:eek:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Footloose likes this.
  9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I did wonder why when my bank closed up the road a local undertakers opened a branch in it when there's already another undertakers just over the road from there...............

10. LesleySM

But other services are being switched over where I am we'll be taking cancer surgeries for most of London because like a lot of big hospitals we are multi-site so we'll be taking those services on one site to keep the patients and staff away from the rest of the hospital so they can keep working safely whilst freeing up beds for covid patients at the other sites

daft_biker likes this.
  11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I saw one person was still infectious after 40 odd days. I suspect Boris will be infectious for life.

12. LesleySM

Because they're politicians?

Zou likes this.
  13. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Would you like Covid 19 on your chips sir, or shall I just wrap them ?

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I hear our American chums are deploying medical ships to each side of the country to free up some capacity for covid patients in hospitals.

...sounds a bit like a drop in the ocean if you pardon the pun. :oops:

LesleySM likes this.
  15. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

That is really funny - the government here has been running that line for the last week!

16. LesleySM

It's very quiet here. Had to go to Stratford because needed to get some tinned catfood in. Supplies are running short a bit locally so needed back up and tinned is massively cheaper (didn't want as money is tight until the 15th to suddenly find the only pouches were 12 Sheba at £5.25 12 cans of Whiskas was £8 and my two will eat that quite happily- they'll eat anything!) Bus up there I was the only person apart from the driver on it. Got to Wilkinson's and people are observing social distancing without being told everyone just is..there were two people on the bus back

17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Or to appeal to another demographic... "Act like you smell of weed".

Zou likes this.
  18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Feel your pain with the pet food...only allowed to buy 3 of one line and our dogs use 2 per day.

Been handy customers with spoiled wee dogs clearing out cupboards of stuff their dogs won't eat as my big dogs ain't fussy. They'll eat a bowl of wagg biscuits that I use as compliance treats on walks... even the fussy dogs take them off me when I've helped them work up an appetite, much to the chagrin of the owners :D.

Possibly one for the RTBC thread but I did take my camera out with a dog this afternoon, the sun was out and there was nobody else around so I kinda lost track of time and took the dog back late. The owner gave me an extra tenner:).

AndyTake2 and John Farrell like this.
  19. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Here in New Zealand, we have 868 cases of Covid 19. There are 13 people in hospital, 1 in ICU. 103 have recovered, and there has been 1 death. 3446 tests were done yesterday, and capacity is now 5400 a day.

20. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Sounds like you'll soon pass the UK for number of tests done, and number recovered which has apparently been only 135 for several weeks!
    According to one of the generally quoted global tracking sites we've only got 163 serious cases despite over 500 dying daily (another figure that's remained constant).
    Keeping up on the data is clearly of no significance for HM's government.

I think while they're feeling poorly the government should hand things over to a local scout troop or primary school. These groups are more or less immune to corona & are most unlikely to do a worse job than BJ & co.

I see worldwide known cases now exceed one million. I dread to think how high the unknown cases has risen, if testing regimes are generally similar to the UKs (none for those self isolating or generally asymptotic) then it could be over a billion...