1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Cool' Cameras

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by demonboy, May 22, 2012.

1. demonboy

demonboy Well-Known Member

Well you must have read one of my other threads, Adrian, because it is the Werra 1 that begun this whole discussion! I came across it last night and in a flash it became my instant coolest camera and is now number one on my wish list. I missed one on ebay last night. I was going to keep it secret until I wrote my final blog post but you've just spoilt the surprise for me ;)

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I don't wear espadrilles or rolled up chinos but I do love my Holga. :cool: Werra and Rolleiflex already noted, so here are some others I like...

Fuji's 6x9 rangefinder series
    Mamiya 6/7
    Makina W67
    Olympus Pen series
    Ricoh GR (film versions)
    Nikon FM series
    Pentax 6x7

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I would say that it is a close run contest between the cheapest Lomo or most expensive Leica limited edition.

4. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Rollei 35S even the Queen had one.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Ooops - sorry! Just like them that's all, didn't spot your other thread at all...
    If you were still in SW I'd lend you mine to play with, but Cochin is a bit of a trek!

Adrian

(if you get one, and all is not well mechanically, let me know - I have the details somewhere for a repairer)

6. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

I'm going to chuck Leica M5 into the hat. Some think any Leica is cool - I think the M5 is one of the best.
    Beaten, perhaps, by the colour Hermes Edition M7? THIS ONE

For me, at any rate...

7. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Just did a search on this. I really like it, it takes great pictures too.

8. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Sorry to disagree but this is the coolest camera of all. Leitz reached the pinnacle of quality with the IIIg.

[​IMG]

:D

9. demonboy

Yeah, that's going to take a lot to beat, Brian. What lens is that? Voigtlander Bessa 28mm? More to the point, is it yours??

10. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

It was mine Jamie but I recently sold it. Yes the lens is the 28mm f1,9 Ultron.

11. demonboy

Oh, Brian. I hope you had a good reason to sell it, something along the lines of 'it wasn't as good a my other Leica IIIg' ;)

Since posting this image up I have been scouring ebay and other sites to do a bit of window-shopping for it. It really is a beautiful camera. One day.

Would it be too much to ask to put up links to any photographs taken with this set-up?

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  12. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Sorry Jamie I don't keep any of my old snaps. Truth is I probably never used the combination , Or the IIIF and lenses shown below.

[​IMG]

13. demonboy

:cool:

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

surely all cameras are :cool:....aren't they

15. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Well, that Hasselblad on the moon gets down to about -170 Celsius, when it's on the dark side...