1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contiguous Numbers

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Maybe it's taken before the one that follows it... o_O

ascu75 likes this.
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just watching telly and saw a 125 and a 107 for you. One slight problem, the location is Tromso in Norway. Monty Don was visiting gardens and I I remember is the two numbers to tell you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Don

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well, I'm on the lookout for a 128 now, so ... :)

4. EightBitTony

Wasn't expecting a lot of success but it was such as glorious day I went out with the camera.

[​IMG]#128 by Tony Evans, on Flickr

[​IMG]#129 by Tony Evans, on Flickr

Dan S and ascu75 like this.
  5. EightBitTony

It's taken a long time to find a #130, and I've looked, trust me. So it was no surprise to me that as soon as I found this one, I found another one 15 minutes later (on a parking meter I've walked past around 10 times).

Anyway, #130, and the project plods on.

[​IMG]#130 by Tony Evans, on Flickr

dream_police, ascu75 and RovingMike like this.
  6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Lol you still at it :D I thought about you the other week when I saw the number 1 on a house I have long admired. For me that house would be my starting point but seeing as you have already done it I won’t become a copycat. If I do I know where I’ll be starting :) Don

7. EightBitTony

Yeh still going, if I want to go out with the camera but don't feel inspired this gives me an excuse to keep looking around as I walk. I know sometimes you can get tunnel vision if you look only for one thing, but i find that this project has made me walk places in the city centre I'd never have gone to, looking for more numbers, and seeing other things. I was going to stop at 100, I thought about doing '100 100's' and trying to find a hundred different shots of 100's, but you can only photograph so many hydrant markers before you get bored.

I wouldn't feel like anyone who did this was copying.

There are moments of frustration and moments of joy, at just finding a number, and moments of excitement at realising you've found something which might give you a good chance. I saw the shop window with the phones, with prices in the £120's and £140's, and I thought, this might be it finally. It's such a tiny, trivial, unimportant thing, but there was a genuine moment of joy at spotting the iphone. And then a genuine moment of 'of course' at spotting another 130 on a parking meter I've walked past repeatedly.

Anyway, photographically boring, but as a journey, it's been really fun.

ascu75 and Dan S like this.