1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Contiguous Numbers

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Sep 6, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

dream_police and Catriona like this.
  2. EightBitTony

3. EightBitTony

Catriona likes this.
  4. EightBitTony

That little black sliver is annoying me now.

5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just been on your Flickr or insta account and saw number 3 is the ‘Christian duplicating service’ and was wondering if I can send our vicar to be duplicated? He is so busy at the moment I am sure he could do with an extra pair of hands. :rolleyes: Don

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. EightBitTony

#123 was a complete pain in the proverbial.

Took ages to find one, and then found three in quick succession, the first one was in Cleethorpes of all places, after having scoured Nottingham for one in my usual haunts. Then today, before posting the Cleethorpes one, I found two of them hiding in Nottingham (and one of them I like better so I used that one).

#124 was always going to be cast iron.

[​IMG]#123 by Tony Evans, on Flickr

[​IMG]#124 by Tony Evans, on Flickr

7. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

You have been saving 124 since day one haven’t you :):rolleyes:

EightBitTony likes this.
  8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Check your cast-iron pics - you may also have a 125 - in the form of 'B125', a test level mark.

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

You might even get both numbers in one shot of a ductile cast iron manhole cover.
    BS-EN124 B125

10. EightBitTony

Worth refreshing the 'rules' of this project.

- the numbers have to be shot in sequence (i.e. can't go shooting #23 before #18 even if the #23 is an excellent example).

So previously shot out of sequence #125's don't count

- can't shoot the same number source twice in a row (no walking up a road, shooting door numbers one after another).

So using #124 and #125 from the same source (i.e. utility / manhole covers) isn't allowed either.

- as many different sources as possible.

Generally try to find diverse sources, although I've pretty much shot every public source of a number now.

Shooting numbers is easy, compiling them afterwards in sequence is easy, the only reason this project is hard, challenging and in some cases, worthwhile to me is that I have to shoot the numbers in sequence.

i.e. every number in this project is shot after the number that precedes it, sometimes by minutes, sometimes weeks and in the odd case, months.

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

In that case, keep your eye out for learner motorcycles - they are usually 125cc and often have 125 written on them somewhere...

EightBitTony likes this.
  12. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Well you can't use #123 again when you get to 8368:p

EightBitTony likes this.