1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a USB Stick to a SD port in a Camera?

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Max resist, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Max resist

Max resist Well-Known Member

Is there a device for connecting a USB stick to an SD in port in a camera
    thereby allowing direct storage and or contact from Camera to USB stick>?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No, and why would you want to do this? You could copy to a USB stick via a computer.
    There are dedicated portable hard drives that can read and store the content of memory cards. People use them when travelling.

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

You might be interested in "tethered shooting" where camera is controlled from the computer (via USB cable) and images are recorded onto the computer's storage systems. I believe that the facility is available on all Canon DSLRs and on some via wi-fi or bluetooth

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Nikon produce two ways of doing this:
    1. Camera Control Pro software run on a computer and connected via USB cable or, where available, Wi-Fi. It is relatively expensive.
    2. A phone App called WMU, Wireless Mobile Utility, that can connect to a Wi-Fi enabled camera and perform some of the same functions.

I have both but neither is ideal for various reasons, not least that the wireless transmitters for the D3 and D4 are ridiculously expensive. I can't remember whether the D3200 is wireless equipped, if it is WMU might be useful.

To answer the original question, no such device is available to my knowledge.