1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

compact cameras - how do you view them

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by pixelpuffin, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I always used to carry a compact, but I just don't any more. I realised I just wasn't enjoying using it, despite it being quite decent (1" sensor) and giving plenty of control. I enjoy using my phone more for absolute snapshots, and an EOS M6 for anything slightly more "serious" - it's not hugely bigger, but it's APS-C and I can fit all sorts of lenses.

So use whatever you enjoy using - that's more important than what it actually is.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

After purchasing my firm 35 mm film SLR, and managed to afford a cheap 200 mm telephoto to use with it, I was looking at camera bags. A very experienced salesman advised not to buy anything I wasn't prepared to carry. Being a fit 17 year old, I assumed he was having a joke with me, but 46 years later I understand that his advice was perfect.

Perhaps the deciding factor in this case is the image quality from the smaller camera: if it good enough for the largest print you want to hang on your wall, then use that camera.