1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clive!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nicxx, Mar 1, 2003.

1. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

You have given me a serious problem!

This lens is just soooo sexy I daren't even use it! I am terrified of breaking it or losing it or buggering it up in some way! It is sooooo gorgeous and baby is it big. My boyfriend is jealous.

ermx

2. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Size doesn't matter, Nicola - it's how you use it that counts (but it is rather big!). So take it outside and give it a whirl /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif and tell your boyfriend it can't make the tea or cut the grass. Glad you are impressed!

Clive
    PS - and don't be frightened or intimidated by it - It's built like a sh*thouse.

I took this with your lens - about 1/20th of the negative:

[​IMG]

3. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Oh Clive does size matter *sigh* Men always say it doesn't, but that's only the ones who haven't tried:)

The boyfriend cannot cut grass or make tea, so I have to find some use for him...

The picture - you are a man who has tried then?! Or is it a self portrait?

I'm not sure I'd get the lens through the door if I took it to a gig.

This is why I'm scared of using it. Gigs are not gentle places!

ermx

4. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

It's a classic gig lens, Nicola - great in the mosh pit. But I'm not a ck man - more backwards Y-fronts: just to prove it wasn't me:

[​IMG]

5. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Crikey. Now that surprised me. Do you know them?

ermx

6. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Never seen them before or since, Nicola. But the guy on the left spotted me taking the shot and I thought he might hit me with his belly so I made a quick exit /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Clive

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I wonder what he would think if he knew that his belly and underpants were regularly published on the internet? :)

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

8. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Well I'm not going to seek him out to find out! Only problem is I took the shot in this village. I hope he doesn't take up photography. But I'll tell you something else - when he saw me taking the shot - he pulled his stomach in!!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

9. Bazzac

Bazzac Well-Known Member

You mean you didn't get him to sign a model release form?

Baz

10. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

Nicola

A lens like that commands respect. It tells people that you are a serious photographer, maybe even a pro. People get out of your way.

It's amazing when I got out with a big white L lens on my camera - people actually make room for me.

David

11. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

's true. Even before I had these lenses, people got out of my way a fair amount just cos I didnt have a compact!

ermx

12. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

People get out of my way even when I don't have a camera! I really will have to do something about my B.O. problem! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

[​IMG]

Big(Pepe le Pew!)Will

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>