1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chrome hasselblad 500cm

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by photogirl, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Blad_the_paler

Blad_the_paler Well-Known Member

"But Rollei lenses ARE better - you can have the same Zeiss choices as Hassel, or go for the top-rate Schneider lenses"

On paper or on film...? I have used both and would question anyone into whether they are visually superior. I think this smacks of a supposed Rollei superiority due to outright snobbery. We get this all of the time when we are Hasselblad owners. It even comes from Leica owners...!!! Can you believe that a Leica owner could possibly think such a thing. I ask you, 35mm versus 6 by 6...??? You'll be telling me next that 6mp is better... It's laughable.

2. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

..but you can get Schneider optics for the Hassie, as they did a zoom.

Wasn't the bench test lens for optical perfection based on a 100mm CF ?

3. mogger

mogger New Member

Hi, with regard to Chrome 80mm "T" lenses yes there were around 3000 made so I heard, I have one, they are becoming quite collectible and harder to find but they are out there and demand very big bucks for a pristine one.

All hassys are magical but these 80mm chrome T`s are something else and I would imagine many of the 3000 made are no longer around, I wouldn`t sell mine for all the tea in China. :cool:

4. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

I gave Ffordes.com a try for the first time, couple of days ago, with a test purchase, they just sent a faulty Hasselblad pistol grip with twisted release button head (How could they do that, it is such a basic item). I can not believe that they honestly thought that the grip was supposed to be like that before despatch. They became very rude and over bearing on the phone, they did not want to listen to what was being said, when this was pointed out to them they insisted they knew better about equipment than I did. Most insulting, it took Hasselblad UK to inform them that the pistol grip was not as it should have been. There appology was limited, they are not the sort of people that nice people do business with. DO NOT recommend Ffordes, dreadful experience.

However, Robert White is highly recommended, very friendly, will listen carefully to what is required and offers fast service. I have known this company for years and purchased all Hasselblad kit and accessories without any problem, including three sets of Elinchrom studio lights. Also gives honest advice about digital and film preferences despite this being detrimental to his own sales.

best wishes, Carl

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Eh? You recommend Ffordes, then say they're terrible. Shurely shome mishtake?

6. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

Nick, yes there should have been quotes around the first paragraph from someone else who recommended Ffordes.com.

This was in response to that submission.

thanks, new to the forum, so will remember next time.

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah, OK - I've put the quote in for you.

8. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

Cheers Nick,

makes all the difference, thanks!

9. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

So, back to the original query as above. I have used both chrome and black bodies, all my own personal blads have been black because at the time they were unique. I still have black 503CW but am now looking for chrome to match the CFV digital back, just for the aesthetics and back up body. Some cameras improve with age and reflect the use they have had, they are good to see. The black bodied camera I have still looks in mint condition as the day it was born, that because it has mainly had studio work. I now like both types due to classic looks. Due to the age difference and the condition of the bodies mentioned,
    the 1988 one would be preferencial purely on age, 10 years difference is a long time even if not used a great deal. best wishes, Carl

10. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

According to the sole importers, Robert White, these lenses have no delivery dates as Ziess are still monitoring the requirement of these :-(

They can be seen on the Carl Ziess website, all the best, Carl

11. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Just a quick note Carl.

When replying to messages you might want to check the dates that the original posts were made.

This thread was started on the 19th September 2006!

And you're replying to a message wrote on the 20th September 2006.

The original poster has only made 10 posts and hasn't been back since early January so I doubt you'll get any replies from them.

12. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Its all public information though Fen, and certainly could be of use to anyone else with similar queries.

Carl, thanks for the update on the "new" Zeiss lenses.

13. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

To help guard against the above, I wonder if the software designers of the board could arrange for, say, the colour of the heading to change when it's some time since the last post? If it's clever enough to change the colour of our moderator's names, I'm sure this would be a doddle!

14. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Changing username colours is just the use of an existing feature in the profile. It's not remotely the same sort of thing as something to make a change in the way a thread is displayed, conditional upon its last post date - that would require some specific re-coding, unless that particular feature is already in there but just not being used.

15. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Fen wrote:
    Thought that was Phiggy's job?? :D

16. photogirl

photogirl Member

hiya might be quiet but I'm still here!

bought my camera, happily, from a company that someone in this thread doesn't reccomend but has been brill, too busy taking photos to get in the way of you boys arguing - just teasing

17. Carl_Sanders

Carl_Sanders Member

Fen, when viewing threads do not presume that the information is out of date to those who read it!

The date of the thread is irrelevant, someone else may have similar query beyond this date, so the information is just as valid. The heading is viewed by many as a topic of interest, not on what date is was mentioned,
    all the best.

18. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

The practice of dragging up old threads by making fresh replies long after the original query has been resolved is known here as 'phiggying', and, whilst it's not against the rules, we generally discourage it because of the confusion and other problems it frequently leads to.

If you've got something new to say about something that was discussed in the past we would prefer that you initiate a new thread on the subject than to reply to an old discussion that had run its course. It has been our experience that fresh discussions can be worthwhile, whereas phiggied ones seldom are because the whole basis for them is out of date.