1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas decorations going up already

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Learning, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

IMG_20201119_100444101_HDR.jpg
    Taken on 19th November.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:49 AM
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Been up 2 weeks in our house! I think lot’s of folk have been doing the same.

Catriona likes this.
  3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

The christmas tree in the centre of town was put up at least a week ago. On the other hand, the christmas market has been cancelled.

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I'm clearing a space. Chair to go upstairs. Fingers crossed for my climb...

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

At the earliest it will be 12 December. Our tree and the lights I put up outside are in the loft in the annexe. We have someone staying there until 11/12 so I can’t really go in and get them before then. That pleases me TBH.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I've got a plan....clear space to build bikes and not have room for a tree inside.

7. Catriona

Chair upstairs. It's one that really should be dumped. Had it since the 1970s, but it is a classic. Needs refurbishment though. Shame Nige's wife is not nearer!
    Enough for today with furniture moving.

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

We have a good courier that travels all over the place. I think he may draw the line a bit further south of you though.:)

Catriona likes this.
  9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I spotted the first Christmas decorations in Helensburgh about six weeks ago. Someone evidently thought 'sod this for a laugh' and decided to start making merry.

For the last couple of years we have bought our tree from Ikea because at £25 a tree with a £20 gift voucher to spend in store we couldn't really afford not to. I used the voucher to buy (unscented) candles and plants. I don't even know if they'll be selling trees again this year and as the local places all start at about £60 a tree we may not bother. I'm not about to buy a fake one. I guess we'll be able to find out when we are once again legally allowed to travel to Glasgow in about three weeks.

Catriona likes this.
  10. Catriona

Yep. I'd have to get my courier to deliver to your courier!
    It's a Scandinavian looking leather/bentwood swivel (lost the swivel years ago and welded). needs the framework recovered etc etc.

11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Bit late since the Stamford & Peterborough ones have been up for a while. Here in Spalding someone has installed a coloured light bulb in a shop doorway.

Catriona likes this.