1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas? Already? 2019

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Aplologies for the duplication of the previous posting - the website freezes when I try to delete the second one.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Catriona likes this.
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My wife held a committee meeting with herself and the drone was given instruction on where to place the coloured lights. Said drone decided on a different place on the day and to be fair, the chair of the committee actually liked them.

yesterday, my daughter at uni got a text from one of her friends here asking if she'd put the coloured lights outside of her house. There's me thinking it was because of her artistic eye, but no, it was, in her friends eye because "It looked like a f*****g unicorn had shat on one of our bushes."

Not sure if that's a compliment or not.:eek:

NickM and AndyTake2 like this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well we finally got the tree up, before Christmas day.

tree.jpg

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Nearly there.
    Merry Christmas to you all.
    ap christmas 4 mono merry christmas.jpg

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

_P9A4897.jpg

Cake's done. To be fair, it's an Aldi cake that I've decorated because I don't trust this oven not to just grill my cake. I did make the pudding - in the slowcooker.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Looks very pretty but how will it taste?
    Rosemary, sliced chillie, star anise, bay leaf and cinnamon sticks all drenshed in icing sugar may be very original but......

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

no chilli. Those are dried cranberries. All will be removed from the cake and bunged in the mulled wine. Maybe not the bay leaves. They can be rinsed off and Used in the gravy. Rosemary will go back in the sugar water with lemon juice and be used to flavour a lemon cake.

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Unusual combinations do sometimes work. Many of us English add sweet swirls of melted jam to porridge and the Scots are alleged to add salt. Have you tried savoury swirls to porridge. Bovril works well. I am not so sure about swirls of lime pickle, but it is good with a hangover!

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Only 366 days to go ...

Geren and NickM like this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

We do have salt on our porridge. Once you make the mental shift from expecting sweet...to savoury - it's very good.

12. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Porridge with water was a staple of early Scots, but I doubt they would have said no to jam or syrup, or their porridge made with milk if they had a choice.

Catriona likes this.
  13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Absolutely right!
    I like a good porridge with sufficient salt in it to be palatable. Then it's time for a creamy milk drizzled around the edge and sweetener on top - either sugar or syrup. In fact, I think I'll have some today.

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not had porridge for a while. I liked it made with milk but with butter stirred in which I suppose is a more unhealthy way of adding some salt.