1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Christmas? Already? 2019

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Nov 15, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

On instruction from the boss, the lights around the porch have gone up today. I have also bought some coloured ones. Not sure where they are going to go yet. Probably need to await further guidance once the committee of one has had a meeting.

[​IMG]IMG_9107 by Nigel G, on Flickr

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I have to say a golden croissant is a new one on me :) Is that a French decoration?

[​IMG]

Dan S and EightBitTony like this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Do you all have external power points/sockets? I have one, but it's at the back of the house.

4. dream_police

Yes. I put one into the porch.

Catriona likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

No external sockets here. When you've been struck by lightning (as a boy) and watched your house burn (as a young man) you tend to be risk averse. Having said that it's possible I put myself at risk with pork pie,sausage rolls and the like...

Catriona likes this.
  6. dream_police

Do you play the lottery?

Dan S and spinno like this.
  7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Not since next door's dog are my £1 million winning ticket... I'm pretty certain it was a winner !:rolleyes:

Dan S, Catriona and dream_police like this.
  8. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Haha, no not from France. We have managed to find some pretty special tree ornaments over the years, the croissant is a goodun :)

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

You could put a red one in the porch?

MJB likes this.
  10. RovingMike

I am informed by the Commanding Officer Christmas that my attempts to photograph the front lights by briefly sticking my head out the front door are not acceptable. I was therefore ejected into the cold to do it "properly".

[​IMG]_C090379 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

[​IMG]_C090377 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  11. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Got to love someone having the brass neck selling those sticks.
    How the he'll do they stop from kissing themselves when someone buys one?

Dan S likes this.
  12. Catriona

Very nice RMike - but I don''t envy you putting away all those lights again! ;)

13. dream_police

On the day I took the photo, there was the same number of them left at the end of the day, so maybe no one did.
    Sunday just gone, they were still selling them but our stall was further away so I didn’t notice if they sold any.

14. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Only just noticed that my post says 'kissing' - the autocorrect on my coal powered tablet must have changed the 'p' to a 'k'
    ……….Just have to make sure I don't send my wife a kiss by email:eek:

15. dream_police

I did wonder about them kissing themselves!:)

I never thought you meant something else. My mind must be getting cleaner.

Dan S likes this.
  16. RovingMike

No, that is definitely the down side. Putting them up is the easy bit. Finding where the ends are and rolling them up so they don't knot, then getting them back into the storage boxes they came in is another thing.

Catriona likes this.
  17. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The decorations are up at Chirk Castle (National Trust). The family used to put on a Christmas play and the decorations are themed according to the different plays that were put on. Here are a few shots. They are on public Flickr hence the watermark.

In the entrance hall "Puss and Brutes" with a splendid ogre if you can spot him.

[​IMG]DSCF5106.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Then "Jack and Jill and the HaveBeenstalk"

[​IMG]DSCF5109.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

leading upstairs to the ogre in the sky

[​IMG]DSCF5113.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

then the party for Beauty and the Beast - though truth be told I didn't see the Beast until I processed the picture

[​IMG]DSCF5115.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

This display has the programmes for many plays scattered about - I'm sorry but pixel peeping at full resolution (not supplied) is needed to read the names.

[​IMG]DSCF5123.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Beauty's bedroom is almost impossible to get a good picture of - last year I gave up but there were fewer people about this time so I had a go

[​IMG]DSCF5127.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

and we can't leave without George and the Dragon - the best room in the house for the NT volunteers as it is a) warm and b) equipped with sumptuous chairs

[​IMG]DSCF5130.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Enjoy!

NickM likes this.
  18. Catriona

It's nearly Christmas when my homemade Angel puts in an appearance. :)
    ap fairy.jpg

19. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My Christmas AP arrived today, so it must soon be time to send out a few cards.

Sadly I've not seen the famous chocolate camera in this or any recent issues this year. Presumably it's not of interest anymore unless upgraded to a mirrorless model, made from the same chocolate and producing identical results to the old model, but smaller and selling at the same (or higher) price.

20. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My Christmas AP arrived today, so it must soon be time to send out a few cards.

Sadly I've not seen the famous chocolate camera in this or any recent issues this year. Presumably it's not of interest anymore unless upgraded to a mirrorless model, made from the same chocolate and producing identical results to the old model, but smaller and selling at the same (or higher) price.