1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Chinese New Year London 2008 (5, +10 small)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by CircleOfConfusion, Feb 16, 2008.

1. CircleOfConfusion

CircleOfConfusion Well-Known Member

I thought I'd share some of my photos from last weekend at the Chinese new year celebrations in London. It was a great day with glorious sunshine (although I was shooting into it 99% of the time ) and we managed to get there early enough to get a good position for the parade. But once that had finished it was practically impossible to look round Chinatown because of the crowds!

[​IMG]
    (Sensia 200)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version
    Couldn't resist the Lantern shoot (probably the most photographed subject that day by everyone!)

[​IMG]
    Larger version

[​IMG]
    Larger version
    Lovely day but the place was packed!

Technical: all B&W's are HP5, colours are all either Fuji 160c or (out of date) Reala, except the first which is Sensia.

2. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Some great pics there. Not sure about the B&W ones though, it's an occasion known for it's colour.

3. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Good stuff but why the black & white!!!??? I would've liked to have attended but I was stuck at London Fashion Week ... :D

4. CircleOfConfusion

CircleOfConfusion Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure either, but I think it helps for some where colour would have been a distraction and drawn attention away from the face.