1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheese

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John King, Sep 25, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I did something similar driving from France. It was in the car a while as I had a night in a hotel before a long drive to the port. The cheese had been in the travel fridge in my boot, but of course overnight in France the fridge wasn't running.
    At the port my car was stopped and briefly searched by the police there. He opened the boot, was hit by the smell of cheese, laughed and said he could smell I had been cheese shopping, then closed my boot.

Good job he didn't carry on to find my stash of weed and the illegal immigrant.:)

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I had some with ham, and with chives the other week.

3. dream_police

Cool. Is the tube still metal, that splits and squeezes cheese out of the side? :)

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I genuinely can't remember.

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

They do, but...

6. dream_police

Ohh, JalepeƱos and Smoked Paprika versions. Mmmm

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My dad was in Paris many years ago, late 50s, I think - he was working in London, and often used to get a cheap flight when West Ham weren't playing. Personally, I would have got the cheap flight when they WERE playing, but that's by the by. Anyway, he bought some Limburger cheese and went and sat down for a coffee. After about 10 minutes, a women came up to him and gave him a bottle of perfume: "Pour enverser sur le fromage, Monsieur".

Catriona likes this.
  9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Still available in pretty much any grocers/supermarket

10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Not seen the shrimp for a long time but still see the tubes with chives or ham from time to time

11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Processed cheese ..... arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh nooooooooo !

12. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

just been on to the dairylea website and played sling the packet, give it a try it made me smile but then I am very simple in my pleasure. :rolleyes:

13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So what was the perfume, 4711 or something like Hi Karate?

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No idea. Being Paris, unlikely to be Hai Karate. Being late 50s or maybe early 60s, impossible to be Hai Karate, as Wikipedia tells me it was launched in 1967. Today's completely useless fact...

15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Discovered another use for cheese yesterday. Heather made a batch of leek and potato soup and added some chilli flakes, yep you guessed it the soup was on fire . I googled how to calm it down and one of the answers was cheese so we now have leek potato and cheese soup. It is delicious and the cheese calmed the beast.
    Don

John Farrell and Zou like this.
  16. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Wonderful.

But I found Pont L'Eveque to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. It tastes very mild, but the smell eventually gags you and it gets everywhere.

Benchista likes this.
  17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

At least no-one on here has had to haul a cheese out of a canal or a morgue due to complaints, and then bury it on a beach.

S

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Some form of Druid ritual?

19. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

You will need a camping skiff on the Thames and a dog.

S

ps Chapter four.

20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Excellent reference point