1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Check out my blog?

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Aymz92, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Aymz92

Aymz92 Member

Hi i've just started up on photography, and to get my work out there I've decided to start a blog, its only got one post on it but I will be posting daily to try and get myself recognised. Its early days but it would be big help... :)

www.aymzsworld.blogspot.com

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Oh, 'ello. Drive-by SEO...

Content is King - and on that score I'm afraid it's a 'FAIL' from me. :(

3. Aymz92

Aymz92 Member

sorry content is king - fail? could you describe more, i need to improve. Thankk youu :)

4. Aymz92

Aymz92 Member

Content is king? but its a fail? could you expand on this? I need to improve with criticism if im to get anywhere...

5. TheFatControlleR

A single entry does not a blog make. ;)

6. Aymz92

Aymz92 Member

It did say on the opening thread, its only got ONE post on it because i've only just started it... clearly you didnt read the description only the title.

7. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

What feedback do you want? It's a blog with one entry - there's no identity, no direction, no learning.

what is the blog trying to achieve? If it's just a place to host your pictures, then Flickr or similar may suit you better.

no one will take the time to visit a blog that doesn't add value, so you need to think why *your* blog is different from the 10000s of blogs that already have one post and a few pictures.

8. TheFatControlleR

Oh, I read it. But don't you think it like an author proffering their magnum opus to the world with just one paragraph written?

As I said, content is King. No content, no return visitors. Punting it around the Internet in it's present state is futile, a waste of your time any anyone else who visits it, to be blunt. Unless you're just playing the SEO game.

Get some content in there, make it worth a visit, give visitors a reason to return. Or re-assess why you have/want a blog, and why you're doing the rounds trying to 'sell' it.

9. Aymz92

Aymz92 Member

I didnt really have a quote to put up there ^ I just wanted to reply, thanks for expanding :) I will add more content to the blog, check back in a few weeks? :)