1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest A700 yet at £770

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Gordon_McGeachie, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

That does look a little too good to be true! I'll be interested to see the update from the poster tomorrow.

3. Gordon_McGeachie

same here.

Might try to persuade the wife to let me get one.

I showed the add to her and...........................no comment, she just blanked me.

was watching the shopping channels on sky last nigth, a nice bit of jewellery came on at £220, she said I could buy one each for my stepdaughters.

I replied, what would you say if I did?

She replied, as long as I get something of equal value.......

I have no chance for the A700

4. Roger_Provins

There you are then ... 220 times 3 = 660 ... your new camera is only a tiny bit more. Sounds fair to me and everyone is happy (except the plastic!) :)

Do be very wary of those shopping channels - it's usually (always?) cheaper elsewhere.

5. Gordon_McGeachie

we shall see what the result of the `suspect` purchase is tomorrow.Will then think about trying to persuade her indoors,may even ask the dealer what his body only price is.

What do you reckon?

£630`ish?

6. Roger_Provins

The difference between their prices for the a100 body only and a100 with kit lens is only £32. As it's the same lens in the a700 kit I can't see it being any different - so £738 ?

7. Gordon_McGeachie

Just looked at the site in question, and the price has gone up.

Not so much of a bargain now though.

HO Hum, just carry on waiting..........

8. Roger_Provins

There has been a lot of speculation on other forums that they'd made a mistake. It seems that they had and have now corrected it. Some people say they have already bought and paid and are awaiting delivery - it'll be interesting to see if that low price is honoured!

9. Gordon_McGeachie

Surely the dealer would have to honour the advertised price.

I for one would pretty peeved if after calling them to confirm that the displayed price was indeed the correct price, only to find out later that it was wrong and they are going to ask for more before delivering the goods.

10. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Not really, plenty of web retailers occasionally mis-price items. It is very unusual for them to honour the price.

Check out the forums at hotukdeals. Quite a few posts about plasmas and laptops being mispriced and no-one getting them.

Problem is people see a misprice, tell a forum, someone orders 100 of them then it gets pulled. I did come across a playstation2 and 5 games badly mispriced a few years back. I ordered it and got it. Probably cos I never told anyone.

11. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Well,even at £894 its about £200 cheaper than Jessops online.

12. Gordon_McGeachie

Just got an update,the item was a genuine UK release with the correct plug on the charger.

The price has now gone up, but it is stll cheaper than other places.

13. Celtic Yob

Celtic Yob New Member

A few people on another website stated they had it at the cheap price.

Ralph.

14. Gordon_McGeachie

I have seen that too, lucky people

15. If you look at the Terms and Conditions page:
    Scroll to the end

in fact BuyaCamera is a division of Wildings, a well known and old established retail chain with 8 branches in the North of England.

I would have expected them to honour their mistakes!

Paul

16. Roger_Provins

Yep, knew that but still good that they did - soon put the price up though :)

17. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

On there at £849, still £150 cheaper than most!

Looking at Xmas or New Year myself, so hoping price will drop even more by then.

BTW, If you fancy the battery grip it is £229 direct from Sony, but Devon Camera have it for £159 (Plus another battery of course!)