1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap colour Fuji film

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by neilt3, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

No, something more reliable. Best car I ever had for reliability was a Panda, so I suggest 'Fiat currency.'

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Have you been drinking again? :)

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not yet. Dinner's in the oven - a couple of nice pork shoulder steaks sitting on a bed on thinly sliced fennel, with Kalamata olives and white wine. Boiled new potatoes to accompany. 'Booze' will be very light (only 2 percent alcohol) Normandy cider. I'm behaving. Hic! :)

peterba likes this.
  4. peterba

Being non-carniverous, I'd skip the pork - apart from that, I like the sound of it all (although a bed of fennel with nothing on it, would be a bit daft;)).

Normandy cider tends to be absolutely excellent, IME. :)

Zou likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You might like the vegan nutloaf I made yesterday. Loads of nuts (! I know, right?), red lentils, matchstick carrots and parsnip, onion. Root veg and onion spiced with turmeric, ground coriander, fenugreek, cumin seeds and caraway seeds, not to forget a little berbere I had at the back of the cupboard. Not bad if I say so myself. Mrs Zou loves it so can't be too bad. :D

Edit to add there's plenty of root ginger and a good dash of tamari (soy sauce) as well.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    peterba likes this.
  6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh, and I make my own granola too. Don't do a lot of meat, but I'd find pork the hardest to give up.

7. peterba

Definitely!! You'd better not divulge when you're next cooking that, or you might find us turning up on your doorstep.

Hmmmm.... on second thoughts - a 500+ mile journey might just deter us...:eek:

But wait! On third thoughts - if there's Normandy cider... :D

Zou likes this.
  8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

2% Normandy cider? What and where from, please? I am on freezer cal!out duty this month and something that light would be ideal.

Thanks,

Adrian

Zou likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Lidl! Comes in a handy single serving (wine bottle) size. I don't know how good it is in the grand scheme of things but it's eminently quaffable and refreshing. Better than apple juice, but I still prefer 'proper' cloudy cider from England or Scotland.

10. gray1720

Should have guessed! Hmm, don't have a convenient Lidl to home, I wonder if there's one near work?

Adrian

11. gray1720

Found a Lidl en route to somewhere this morning and got a couple of bottkes -though marked "while stocks last"... Will see what it is like. I hadn't been in a Lidl this century*, so I was quite impressed by the very smart entrance and bakery... and amused once past those when it was just like it used to be, with cider next to spirit levels etc.

Oh, my film arrived, as well. Now I just need time to shoot some...

Adrian

*must be getting posh!

12. gray1720

Well, we have just partaken of a bottle, and jolly quaffable it was too indeed. Perhaps not the most exciting, but it went very well with moroccanish lamb (ie a throw-together).

Thank you for the recommendation.

Adrian

Zou likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

For under £3 it's no bad eh. Cheaper than film, but doesn't last as long... :D

peterba likes this.