1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CF Card for D700 (other than Sandisk/Lexar)

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by PMurrell, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what the issue is. Some 16gb Sandisk SD cards are only £6 on Amazon. As there are two card slots you could save images to two cards for added security.

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I am very pleased for you John, I have been forced to travel with a computer, or two, on numerous occasions but when somebody else is paying the bills one doesn't argue.

The major differences between us are that you are touring in Europe but I am touring further a field, the USA, Canada or Australia.
    Secondly you are planning ahead where as we are opportunists and will detour to visit an attraction we hear about on our travels. It works for us but it does mean we can't book more than a day or so ahead.
    Thirdly we are dependent on airlines to get to and from out start and finish points and airlines like one to keep in-touch, back in 2004 the only option was a computer, smart phones, iPads etc. hadn't been invented.

I am trying to remember whether I started carrying a computer before digital cameras or only when I started using one. Either way, we found that being able to look for, and book, accommodation ahead at very short notice enabled us to do more than would have been the case had we planned the whole trip in detail from home.

Each of us has our own preferences when travelling and I can understand that with everything carried on the outside of a bike your requirements are very different from mine. Which is of course absolutely fine. As it happens I have a size restriction on memory cards for my D4, there are no XQD cards of less than 32GB capacity compatible with it. These cards are also rather expensive so I don't have many hence I feel the need to carry a means of backing them up.

3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The issue, based on the original post, is that smaller capacity CF cards are expensive and hard to find. Also the OP has a D700 which as only one card slot.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Two points, the OP was looking for CF cards not SD. If they cards on Amazon are from Amazon themselves they should be fine, if from a Marketplace seller there is a chance they could be fakes.

5. dazdmc

dazdmc Active Member

6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I was referring to John King’s posts, should have made it clearer.