1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Here's three shots taken within 500m of Milton Keynes Central railway station (MKC) and in the office buildings area, three days ago.
    0320csp Victoria House office block.jpg
    The building above built quite recently remains empty apart from security

0326msp CMK office gardens.jpg
    The gardens shown here are quite old and date from the early developments in this area, with the office building around 20 years old.

0338asp CMK garden feature.jpg

This is probably the oldest feature - laid out before building work started and looking quite mature.

daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  2. John Fantastic

John Fantastic Well-Known Member

Nice, Straight verticals did you do any perspective correction Malcolm? :)

daft_biker likes this.
  3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Only in camera.
    Many thanks for your comments.

I was using my Canon EF 35 F/2 IS (1/500s at F/8), hand-held and being guided by the "in-viewfinder" square grid on my recent acquisition, a used Canon 5Ds. The 5Ds also has a built-in level, so I really had no excuses, and it's one of the reasons I bought it. (On my computer screen, there's a slight drop in sharpness after uploading to the AP website, despite me sizing and "unsharp masking" the jpeg appropriately.)
    I'm not using the full 50MP regularly, but it's there if I feel I need it. I think the sensor in the 5Ds is the same pitch as that on my 7D MkII, but full frame instead of APSc. The other shots were taken with my TS-E 45mm F/2.8.

The brickwork on Victoria House must be some of the very best I've seen anywhere - it's simply superb. So regular, and obviously part of the architect's requirements.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    daft_biker likes this.