1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

CCCP

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by dream_police, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Good post. I worked in Moscow for few weeks in 2009, sadly/fortunately I did not have the chance to visit in the Soviet time. Interesting city, in many ways so small but at the same time overwhelmingly huge.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I recall little of Moscow as we were there for only a day or 2. I do recall finding it odd that there were shops that we could go into as westerners that the Russians weren’t allowed into.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Like off-licences in Saudi Arabia? ;)

4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I worked in Russia for a while. I reached an agreement with my (American) boss that I would not fly Aeroflot. If I needed to get from, say, Moscow to St P'berg I'd fly to one of the Scandinavian capitals and then back to my ultimate destination.

MickLL

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that we used to say the worst was Zambian Scareways, back in my airways days. However the worst I remember was a BA flight touching down in Abu Dhabi en route from Thailand and Delhi. Talk about a hard landing! Everythingn shot out of overhehad storage and catering trolleys shot up aisles. Can't say it was bad lighting though. I'd never seen a place so lit up!

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Are you sure the pilot wasn't lit up?

Catriona likes this.