1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCCP

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by dream_police, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Good post. I worked in Moscow for few weeks in 2009, sadly/fortunately I did not have the chance to visit in the Soviet time. Interesting city, in many ways so small but at the same time overwhelmingly huge.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I recall little of Moscow as we were there for only a day or 2. I do recall finding it odd that there were shops that we could go into as westerners that the Russians weren’t allowed into.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Like off-licences in Saudi Arabia? ;)

4. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

I worked in Russia for a while. I reached an agreement with my (American) boss that I would not fly Aeroflot. If I needed to get from, say, Moscow to St P'berg I'd fly to one of the Scandinavian capitals and then back to my ultimate destination.

MickLL

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that we used to say the worst was Zambian Scareways, back in my airways days. However the worst I remember was a BA flight touching down in Abu Dhabi en route from Thailand and Delhi. Talk about a hard landing! Everythingn shot out of overhehad storage and catering trolleys shot up aisles. Can't say it was bad lighting though. I'd never seen a place so lit up!

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Are you sure the pilot wasn't lit up?

Catriona likes this.