1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash-back benefits?

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Malcolm_Stewart, May 3, 2018.

1. aHumanError

aHumanError Member

The story I've heard is that Canon rely on the people who don't bother to claim it back. I myself have recently bought the 7D mkii which is expensive for a 4 year old camera IMO, I paid around £1349 new and put a claim in for £120 cashback straight away. Only Canon are taking their sweet time about it and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting. I'm not one of those who complain but I feel like giving them a call about it.

After all it would be unacceptable to buy a camera and pay them 3+ weeks later, and I really don't like double standards just because they're a company.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, you're wrong, it really was rubbish. ;)

It's all about ensuring dealers aren't out of pocket by depressing the value of stock already bought, maxmising sales through non-grey routes and also ensuring the money really goes to the customer and isn't just taken by the dealer.
    Car makers do on occasion use this method, and for those reasons.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The last Canon cashback I did they operated a tracking system so that you can see the status of the claim at any time. They took 2 weeks to validate the claim, informed by an email, I can't remember how long after that it took to receive payment but it was all straightforward.

4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Quite probably... I'm well-known for talking rubbish on this forum - as, I'm sure, many on here will attest... :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  5. aHumanError

aHumanError Member

Yes you're right, Canon send you a link where you have to change the default password (Strict criteria where you have more chance of forgetting it if not written down) to access your status page, though it's just said "Processing" throughout, I've sent an enquiry to see what's going on with it. Always takes forever to give money back.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Not really. My cashback and "free" battery pack from Panasonic both arrived over a week earlier than the 4 weeks advised when I entered the claims.

7. aHumanError

aHumanError Member

Probably a difference of brands. I called them yesterday to chase it up, had to get forwarded then call them back on another number but they pretty much approved it over the phone.. said the dosh will be in my account "Within 3 weeks". Not sure why they couldn't just do that initially, but whatever.