1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Carousel

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by The Barbarian, Jan 15, 2020.

1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Member

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That works well. I've got a feeling that is the second fish-eye carousel on here sometime in the last ... hmmm ... 3 years.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Works really well.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

About the only fish-eye shot I have ever seen that appeals to me!

5. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Member

Actually, it's not a fish-eye. About 20 cell phone images put together in Microsoft ICE, with the "orthographic" option.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That surprises me, a lot.

7. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I am often amazed by what you can do with a cell phone, but so much is dependent upon clever processing software to deal with its optical limitations.

If you look carefully at the metal poles that the horses hang on you'll see some places where the software fails. The image will look fine on a small screen, but for a larger image a real 'fish-eye' lens on a real camera will be needed (and only one shot to take, not twenty).

49364306046_23f85905fe_c.jpg

8. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Member

Yes. The software doesn't fail, necessarily. It's very hard to rotate a cell phone at the nodal point of the lens. A DSLR would do it better. But the camera I had...

9. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That really looks like a snow globe! Very clever!