1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Car boot sale photograph haul 1950's or 60's

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Kamepa, Jun 9, 2014.

1. WOODYR

WOODYR Active Member

2. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

EPV 50 looks like a Hillman Husky. 1950's model perhaps.

Nig.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

4. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

I am now 99% certain you are correct that it was taken outside the Sea Breeeze, 11 Havelock Street, Blackpool, FY1 4BN. What a bit of detective work that was :)

5. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now somebody has identified the location I am also in the process of doing that myself :)

I think same building as four windows and the gap has been extended in.

Must find some more of these gems :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Hillman Husky. Based on the Minx with the van body and windows in the sides.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

8. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I must get myself to more car boot sales and see if I can find any old photographs - I do love this "time machine" element that they present! And I love that dress. That was someone's utter pride and joy. I bet she felt like the proverbial million dollars in it.

10. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

:)

Place for cameras and even film, albeit not so much nowadays. I have seen loads of photos, even negatives, boxes of plates and darkroom equipment including chemicals. Not forgetting film scanners, lenses, etc etc .... :)

11. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I've not been a car boot for years and I'm pretty sure we have a large one here once a week - after your recent finds I'll have to head down and see if I can find some old Spanish photos

12. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Reading Tim, Toots & Teeny Annual c1930 or possibly earlier. Part of a massive car boot sale haul of old photographs. What I do know about it is a Velax Paper Contact Print from 120 Medium Format film dating from c1930 time period. Three quid bought me around 100 loose photos and two photo albums. So something to scan this winter :)

13. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

One of them looks like from the 1920's (dancing women). In our shop we discovered some photos of Victorian people. It's a shame they have been forgotten because they were real people once.

14. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

The car behind your aunt is almost certainly a Ford Popular and, depending on the film, it could be wearing the same light-blue paint that my father's car had.