1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Powershot A700

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by zokko, Apr 19, 2019.

1. zokko

zokko Member

My Canon A700 is displaying 'Card Locked!' on start-up, and no further progress. However, the card is not locked, and works in my Lumix TZ8. Putting the card in my PC, a folder has appeared named EOSMISC, containing 3 objects, M0116.CTG, M0117.CTG and M0165.CTG. I have no idea what these are. Although a few years old, this camera is still in use, and any advice on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I am no expert on Canon but I know that some cmeras do not work with cards which were formatted in another. I would copy off any of your Panasonic images, format the card in your computer, then try and reformat the card in your Canon. Just a guess.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The files and folder are Canon internal files. As suggested try to reformat the card, you can do this in a computer first in order to fully wipe it but you must then do it in camera. When you format the card in the camera it does more than formatting it on a computer because it adds key folders that are camera specific. Therefore you shouldn't mix cards and cameras.

If it still gives an error try another card. If it still gives the error then the camera may have a fault.

Learning likes this.