1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Canon Live Event 9 July 2020 14.00 hrs CEST

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Mark101, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up!

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

My junk mail folder has been filling up with this. Must be the new top end mirrorless camera.

4. Malcolm_Stewart

I guess that's correct.
    Currently, my main body is a 7D MkII, but I've had an Eos M for a few years, and an M5 for just over a year. The M5 is very compact for an eye-level v/f body, and has captured some good shots, but recently using a 150mm macro lens for damselflies and small flowers, I've found the 7D II much more responsive, and sure-footed. I've found the articulating viewfinder of the M5 beneficial just once in what I was shooting in my wild flower garden.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I'll probably replace my 1Div with a mirrorless, some time, not soon, it is only 8 years old. The main things that will be useful are showing the exposure compensation in effect and the ability to zoom the view in the ELF for bird photography. I thought my 5Ds would be good because the resolution allows a lot of cropping but the problem is the small viewfinder image. I had not appreciated that benefit in the x1.3 crop of the 1Div.

6. Malcolm_Stewart

I've spent 21 minutes watching largely repetitive stuff, and that's enough for me...

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Canon have given Nikon something to worry about. It looks as if they may have cracked mirrorless AF.