1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon lens 24-105 - Impossible to get hold of?

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Tony_Jackson, May 18, 2006.

1. Tony_Jackson

Tony_Jackson Member

Morning all.

Does anyone know of any stores that have a 24-105 lens in stock. That will also match the £680 price of warehouse express? It seems these little beauties are like gold dust at the moment. Everyone I have rung cannot give me a confirmed date of when they will be restocked. The best answer I got was "Expecting a delivery at the end of the month"....

I finally got the courage to break the bank, hide the evidence of my spending from the good wife and blam, I cant buy one anywhere!!!!

Cheers
    Tone

2. Les_McLean

Les_McLean Well-Known Member

They had a re-call on the earlier versions (date code less than 1000), therefore I reckon canon are meeting this demand first ?

Les

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Judging from this thread you might be forgiven for thinking they've all gone back on quality issues.............. ;)

:)

4. ElectricPics

ElectricPics Well-Known Member

from what I was told there were only a couple of dozen of the affected lenses that made it to Europe, and none of them made it as far as a customer. Judging by the amount of 24-105's I've seen being used by press togs I think demand is very high indeed hence the scarcity.

5. Gen_bunty

Gen_bunty Well-Known Member

I guess the prestogs are using 1DMKII and therefore not full frame.

J

6. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

I was wondering Les - your early lens was recalled and was OK from the vignetting perspective but your later lens wasn't. Maybe there was an internal mask to reduce flare that was missing/installed incorrectly on early models that, when present as in later models, exagerates the vignetting problem. It solves one problem but creates another....

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Apparantly the 100mm F2.8 USM Macro is in short supply as well.