1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM vs Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 USM?

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by Oleg2016, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Oleg2016

Oleg2016 Well-Known Member

Привет ,

Вы знаете, я не могу решить-Canon EF 28mm f / 1.8 USM vs Canon EF 28mm f / 2.8 USM?

Камера Canon 700 D, APS-C.

Я планирую погулять вокруг объектива

С уважением

Олег

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Oleg, how are you? You are going to have to post in English to get an answer, though I’d guess that you are asking for information on differences between the lenses. I have not used either, I’d have to go on reviews.

EightBitTony and Oleg2016 like this.
  3. Oleg2016

Oleg2016 Well-Known Member

I hope you can find it in your heart to... forgive me.
    Hi ,

You know I can't decide-Canon EF 28mm f / 1.8 USM vs Canon EF 28mm f / 2.8 USM?

Canon 700 d, APS-C camera.

I plan to walk around the lens.

Regards

Oleg

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

That's easy for you to say! ;)

Oleg2016 likes this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Hi Oleg, I think the 28mm f/2.8 is image stabilised and generally slightly more up-to-date than the f/1.8.

The f/2.8 is also slightly lighter and smaller.

If you really need that extra bit of light (and every so slightly smaller DoF) then maybe the f/1.8 but there's probaby not a lot in it overall.

Oleg2016 likes this.