1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon 5DMk4

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Grierson, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Announced tomorrow. For more big bucks. The enhancements over the 5D2 will not be worth the outlay. But of course I could be wrong ;)

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

But it might mean I could get a second 5DMk III for a bargain now?

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Far too pricey for what it is in my opinion. £2800 tops would be a fair price as a launch price.

Geren likes this.
  4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

It does look a like a significant hike for its position in the market..it looks like more than the Brexit effect.

Graeme

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I couldn't believe it, by 15 minutes after opening at 9am (last Thursday), we had three phone calls about
    signing up for a pre-order :eek: and, even more amazing, by closing 5pm, we had three real preorders,
    with $500 deposits :eek x 2 and one of those was via FB message ?? … BTW, I meant to the first part of the post -- the Thursday morning bit -- on Thursday morning around 10am … but it got too busy.

Cheers,

Jack

6. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I don't wish to be frivolous, but doesn't the K-1 look better, performs better and has more bells and whistles? What is the fuss all about? Unless video is what you need. I'm still confused by the price.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  7. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

You know you could drop the K-1 and the 5DIV of a building and they would accelerate at the same rate, but I'd only try to catch the Canon.

Graeme

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

So far I've yet to see a set of images from this new 5D that are anything but poor - especially at high ISO...

Bazarchie and Done_rundleCams like this.
  9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

It's because people keep dropping them off buildings....

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Looks like just what I need, to be honest.

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The K-1 is the most horrible-feeling camera I've ever picked up - how Pentax have gone so dreadfully wrong with ergonomics I don't know. And it's ugly as sin, too, but it's the abysmal handling that is a killer.

12. Done_rundleCams

Apparently, David, the video may be it's death knell :eek: … something about a "rolling shutter" ? As for, bells and whistles, as long as I can use Shutter Priority and TAV with Auto ISO,
    I'm happy :D

Cheers,

Jack

13. Done_rundleCams

Unless, Graeme, you noticed this message on your phone, in which case, your poor 5D Mk IV would go splat :eek:
    the message: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tim-hortons-great-britain-1.3742612

:D

Jack

14. Done_rundleCams

Think you might have finally found a camera worthy of trading the D30 in on, Nigel :eek:;)

Cheers,

Jack

15. Done_rundleCams

and they keep turning the camera off before dropping it :(

;)

Jack

16. Done_rundleCams

Are you shooting with the Mk III, Nick?

Jack

17. Done_rundleCams

That's what I thought, initially, Nick, after seeing photos of it :eek: But, after playing with it for a few days, w/ and w/o the battery pack,
    it ended up feeling much more comfortable than I had expected :) As for looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D ….. and at half the
    price, it's looks pretty good ;)

Now, the KS-2, is an entirely different kettle of fish :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

18. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Warning ! Falling cameras can kill .........

19. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

That's what I thought until somebody quoted the price of a 16-35 zoom - not quite twice the price of the one I bought recently for my Canon. I had thought that in body IS was meant to lower the price of extra lenses but it seems I was wrong.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  20. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Perhaps it is the quality talking.....? But yes, lens prices have become mortgage jobs. As for the K-1 being ugly and not ergonomic, perhaps if you are blessed (cursed?) with large mits, you may be right, but for me it has just the right level of grip and balance. The buttons are all accessible and there are plenty of them, one hardly ever needs to delve into the menus. The flip rear screen is very useful too. Take a look at the new viewfinder, quite a change and big. I have nothing against Canon, I have never used a Canon dslr, so I do not wish to get into a war with anyone over which is best. That is futile and pointless. We all have our likes, mine happens to be Pentax and the K-1 is the best so far IMO. Just look at the feature set. What surprised me about the Mk IV was the price.