1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon 1000D £289 at Tesco

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by nspur, Dec 18, 2008.

1. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

Tesco have the 1000D with 18-55 IS lens at £289 (save £6 by collecting at store) until Boxing Day. After Canon's £30 cashback that's an irresistable £253.

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Good price, I'm sure a few will be tempted

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

With the IS lens? Wow.

4. Moge

Moge New Member

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

From the link:
    Is that a challenge? :D Might get one just so I can complain when it doesn't live up to that claim /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Ok, take the lens off & leave it with the hole facing upwards in a field where the farmer is operating one of those disgusting poo projectors; I doubt much would stay clean under those conditions.

Must say I that price I'm tempted ... to rip the anti-alias filter off & use it for infra-red! (Edit: I don't need, or want, the lens, though)

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Must..... fight temptation...... to say you wouldn't notice much difference with a Canon! ;) :) :D

8. Moge

Moge New Member

Do I take it you don't think much of the Canon image quality then TimF ?

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I think he's kidding. ;) (mostly!)

As for the field full of muck to dirty the sensor.....messing about with a set of extension tubes in my living room would be a tough enough test I reckon :eek: