1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Candidates shot taken at Canary Wharf

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by PMurrell, Nov 27, 2016.

1. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Interesting. Well seen.

PMurrell likes this.
  3. PMurrell

Thanks Mike. Title thread should have read 'Candid' . Predictive text on my phone was getting carried away!

By the way - this was my 51st placed in the last APOY round.

4. RovingMike

I'd probably have squeezed it into the top 30 in place of a few where I think mono had no relevance and was clearly weaker than the colour would have been. But overall a strong entry.

PMurrell likes this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I have nothing constructive to add - love it.

PMurrell likes this.
  6. PMurrell

Cheers. Managed to place 4th in the Street Photography round which was rather surprising.

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Really like that.

PMurrell likes this.
  8. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Really nice. Nicely candid with strong lines and shapes. Nice contrast and tones too. Well done

PMurrell likes this.
  9. RovingMike

It is nice as it is, but maybe a bit regular, if you see what I mean? Probably the way I'd do it, but I hope I'd also have the presence of mind to think about how someone like Rui Palha, who is a lines and perspectives master might do it. I don't mean to copy him, but get inspiration to find the X factor in it. Regular lines can go really crazy eg with something like this: https://flic.kr/p/LFg87R

PMurrell likes this.
  10. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Yes this a really good picture! it was well spotted and well photographed, and what makes it for me is that its been done in mono, I really do believe that only mono brings the best out in this type of picture, but of course credit must go to the photographer for being in the right place when everything was just right.....well done.

PMurrell likes this.