1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cancel account

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by ksporry, Dec 14, 2020.

1. ksporry

ksporry Member

Simple question: How do I cancel my account here? I can't find a close/cancel account link or process anywhere.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I suggest you press the Report button and ask the question. It will be picked up by a Mod and hopefully you will get your wish.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Well 15 years a member proves that the accounts don’t close themselves. I think Catriona is right, a moderator can probably kill you off if you really want to be gone or you could stay for another 15!

Catriona likes this.
  4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

To be gone from any forum with out trace Can be difficult.
    It would involve deleting any threads and posts and links to them.
    Mostly, when people leave a site due to a ban. Most of their posts stay,
    The complications and general disruption to threads can be immense.
    Most rules allow sites maintain their visibility through the original agreement given by the affected member.

It is usually simpler to just stop posting and walk away.

Catriona likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Out of interest, did you manage to get your slides sorted back in 2005?:)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

That was my thought when I saw the topic.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Or CSporry, could just start posting again. :)

Cheers,

Jack

8. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

... after another 15 1/2 years ??

9. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Well more or less...

10. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

If you ask to be deleted you may be shown as in the stop bath/suspended, which provides some anonymity but I expect your posts will remain.

11. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

On some forums when a user is deleted either by choice or public execution (!) for being a nuisance , their personal details and user i.d are scrubbed but all posts remain .
    So any posts would show as "unknown member" or words to that effect .
    But the content would remain .

12. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I think the only change when a member leaves here is for their status to change to In the Stop Bath.

13. ksporry

ksporry Member

Well, I'm not fuzzed about posts remaining, but I should be able to close my account with a simple click if I desire.
    I simply am no longer active in photography, so having accounts associated to me doesn't make sense to me.

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

So I take it you didn't try any of the measures we advised? Just press REPORT which is under you original post and request removal.

Done_rundleCams and neilt3 like this.
  15. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I can see where you are coming from but there will be a reason why you can't have a one click "close account" button. For a start it would be reasonable to ask if you want to just become unable to post or would you like your posts deleted (not a good idea as it would render some threads unreadable). Just email a moderator and it will be done but your posts will remain. The best, and easiest answer is to stop posting.

16. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

You seem to be posting more on the forum since you decided you wanted to leave it than you ever did when you wanted to be on it ! ;)
    Maybe read post #2 again ?
    Or post #14 if you missed it .

Failing that we'll see you around 2036 for another go , that's if any of us are still here ! :eek:

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  17. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I fail to see what the problem is here. Just walk away figuratively speaking. You just log out and stay logged out. End of.