1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera Tests

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Can5, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Can5

Can5 Member

I'm beginning to despair with the camera-tests appearing in AP !!!!

I'm keenly interested in the new Sony RX10, & have been following all the news, hands-on reviews, & tests, with lots of interest.....but !!!!!!!!

A recent hands-on review in AP stated that the lens is a 25-200 zoom, with an EVF of 1.44m.dots.......the lens is a 24-200 zoom according to the Sony web-site !!

Now today's AP full test has corrected itself about the lens (24-200), but now states the EVF has 1.14m.dots (page 57), & even says it's the same as the EVF in the Sony NEX7 (page 58) !!!!

But the NEX7 has got 2.35m.dots in the EVF !!!!!

This may seem all very pedantic ?, but if you're going to give us facts, at least get 'em right, & be consistent !!!!!.........We rely on all this info. to assess any camera, before purchase & when
    forking out in the region of £1000 for a bridge-camera, we need precise details !!!

Another recent test of a camera in AP quoted a resolution of 26 @ iso100.......the same camera, tested by the same person, appeared in What Digital Camera with a resolution of 22 @ iso 100 !!!!!!

Come on guys, the standards are slipping !!!.....or get a decent proof-reader !!

I live in hope !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jim Moriarty

Jim Moriarty Well-Known Member

Perhaps if they used more exclamation marks, would that ease the pain? :rolleyes:

3. Richard Sibley

Richard Sibley AP Deputy Editor

Apologies, the 1.14 million dot resolution was a typo and should be 1.44 million-dot resolution.

And the EVF is in fact of a similar, but not identical, design to to the EVF used in the Sony Alpha 57, not the NEX-7.

A correction will appear in a forthcoming issue of the magazine, and will be corrected before the full test is put online.

4. Can5

Can5 Member

OK Richard.......Thanks !

5. Richard Sibley

Richard Sibley AP Deputy Editor

If you have any questions about the camera that you would like to know, please feel free to ask away.

It was quite difficult to fit it all in the pages as there was a lot to write about!!!