1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera shop in The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by JMK, Mar 27, 2021.

1. JMK

JMK Well-Known Member

Fotohandel Delfshaven / MK Optics

I came across this website which deals mainly in film cameras although they have a small number of digital items. They do have some very nice rare items and considering the exchange rate at present (1 Euro = approx 85p) the prices are pretty good as well. As another boon it is printed 99% in English too.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I’d let Brexit settle awhile. Importing is not as straightforward as it was.

3. JMK

JMK Well-Known Member

Hopefully later this year I hope to visit my son and family who live and work in Delft not far from this shop. (Covid isolation on return dependant). Of course if you are leaving the country you would be entitled to have the Dutch version of VAT removed which makes the price even more acceptable. There's is currently 1% more than ours.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It hadn't occurred to me up to now how Customs and Excise are going to handle all these keen holidaymakers-to-be all lining up for the green channel. There will doubtless be lots of tears.

I once travelled for work with equipment under a carnet - going through Portsmouth- Le Havre with a van full of gear and it wasn't much fun.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Many, many moons ago I led a team developing a software application for HMC&E and part of the work required me to understand the pressures on front line staff at ports of entry. Suffice it to say that I developed a lot of respect for those officers, given the people they all too often had to deal with.