1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California wildflowers

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by plugsnpixels, Oct 13, 2017.

1. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels Well-Known Member

You’ve probably heard by now about the devastating wildfires occurring in Northern and Southern California. I happen to work just a few miles from the Anaheim Hills fire, which affected thousands of acres in the general Disneyland area.

Here are a handful of photos I shot on Monday, the first 3 using an iPhone (“the camera I had with me”) and the last using a Nikon Coolpix (“a slightly better camera I had access to”), all post-processed slightly with a suitable ominous HDR effect.

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

fire4.jpg

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The fires are dreadful. I hope they don't impact you further. It seems incredible that so large an inhabited area can be affected.

3. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete. These photos were on Monday; by Tuesday there was only a faint haze. It was hard to tell anything was going on.

BTW, I see I mistitled this thread and can't edit it, it should obviously be "wildfires". I don't think it was auto-correct; I was hearing Tom Petty's Wildflowers in my head...