1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C-mount lenses on Micro Four Thirds

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Roy5051, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

I have seen several of these lenses on eBay, 25mm, 50mm, etc with f/1.4 aperture and including a c-mount to Micro Four Thirds Adapter. Are these lenses any good, they are remarkably cheap? What are the pitfalls, apart from "you get what you pay for"?

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Do you mean cine-mount lenses? They may not cover the format, even for mF/T. No harm in trying if you can afford it.

3. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi Roy,

Thanks for link, no time to look now though. Should be possible to work it out: 35mm c-mounts will cover mF/T obviously and possibly/probably APS-C as well. 16mm will probably work with the small sensor CSCs like the Nikon One series.

Have fun!

Cheers,
    Oly

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I use 3 C mount lenses on my Pentax Q - 2 of them certainly wouldn't cover MFT. They're CCTV lenses, and are a lot of fun, but not all that good - but what do you expect for the price?

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You'd have to define your expectations. I have a Fujian 35mm f1.7 which set me back less than twenty pounds on Amazon including the bundled C>E adapter and extension rings. I love it but others may find its field curvature and flare compromises they cannot accept.