1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Buyer beware

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by OLDFELLA, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

More like the final question should be the one that Alex1994 asked.

Where did you buy the 'faulty' card from?

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Good advice, it would appear however that you have ignored it. There are many bogus memory cards on the market and it would appear that you have been unfortunate enough to have one of them. As a matter of policy it is preferable to buy memory cards only from a reputable supplier. May I also suggest that it is worth paying for top brands as long as you can be sure they are genuine.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

TBH I am starting to wonder whether we have a born-again troll here. Joined years ago, made a few posts and resurfaces years later.

4. OLDFELLA

OLDFELLA In the Stop Bath

That was my grandad. Very clever with Electronics and gadget making. I posted a couple of his electronic flash gizmos. Not like you, stuck in a rut for years. I think he is designing a flash transmitter. After calling him a troll, you will be saying I am very rude. The best forum on the web is "Talk photography" Some very clever blokes there.

5. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

And what do they think of your memory card problem? ;)

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It's alright, I already thought that you were very rude:rolleyes:

I didn't actually call him a troll, but I was wondering, but then you appear to be using his forum id:)

7. Jim Moriarty

Jim Moriarty Well-Known Member

Not a people person then. :rolleyes:

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You would've thought he could've developed a fake card detector for your obviously fake card.

Shame you've brought him into disrepute, then, by abusing people with his account. :(

You are very rude, and it was you being called a troll.

Pretty obvious why you weren't there, then. :p

9. wertyu2007

wertyu2007 Member

oh my god what a terrible forum , horrible people , id ban you all if i was a mod lol .

ive bought 2 sandisk cards both corrupted on me , both turned out to be fake ,
    id not buy another sandisk even though ive never actually had one .

10. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Possibly my favourite piece of logic ever! :confused:

11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

So the question must be would you buy a Genuine Sandisk card? Since you have never bought one you wouldn't be buying another.

Where did you buy them? It would help everybody else if they knew which supplier to avoid.

12. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Try reading the op's posts as to their attitude!

I have had known genuine Sandisk cards corrupt, so they are not my first choice, but it is fair to say that all manufactured electronic goods are not 100% reliable.

13. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

You're not. They don't. I do. What now? :rolleyes:

14. wertyu2007

wertyu2007 Member

"You're not. They don't. I do. What now?"

id imagine your really please with that .

Im off bye !

15. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Another one bites the dust:rolleyes:

16. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

So long, it's (not) been good to know ya [​IMG]

Edit: Just noticed at 1344, they are still logged-in ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013