1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

butterfly (first viewable post)

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by cat1989, Jan 16, 2011.

1. cat1989

cat1989 Member

Click to view - 1024 pixels

had alot of problems uploading from windows hope this one is ok! please let me know what you think. thanks.

Moderators Note: Your image has been changed to a link as it exceeds the maximum size for the AP Forums. The maximum size is 600 pixels for the longest edge. Please make sure all images are within this limit before posting. Thank you.

2. alphanov

alphanov Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm a newcomer to the gallery as well so don't really feel qualified to appraise. My only comment is that the focus is on the flower in the foreground. Did you manually focus?

I'm sure someone more experienced will be along to give a more in depth comment.

3. cat1989

cat1989 Member

i used auto focus but had it on all 7 focus points instead of just the one.

4. alphanov

alphanov Well-Known Member

That's the sort of thing I do! :)

5. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

The picture is way, way too big for the forum (600px limit)and will inevitably be changed to a link by the mods.

As far as the picture goes I'm afraid that nothing important is in focus - the butterfly certainly isn't. In this situation I find that manual focus is almost a necessity.

MickLL

6. cat1989

cat1989 Member

[​IMG]

this is a better focoused shot and small enough for forum i am new to this!.

7. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Yep, classic autofocusing error there as the camera has chosen the af point and not you. Get control of your camera and either use manual focus or choose the focusing point yourself and don't rely on the camera to choose it for you. Put that one down to experience and learn from it and you won't make the same mistake again.

BigWill

8. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Yep, much better attempt with the focus there with some nicely defocused highlights in the background..........however.......you've now gone the opposite way with your image sizing as the image is much too small now (it's only about 300 pixels on it's longest side and you're allowed 600 pixels). Stick with it, you'll get the hang of the image sizing and don't be discouraged.

BigWill

9. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

As Will says now too small :)

Have you read this help file on how to submit an image?

10. cat1989

cat1989 Member

thankyou i realised after i had put it on but didnt want it to be too big again. thankyou for your encouragment.

cat