1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Brownsea meet, results

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

In the gutter....I loved the way the Red Squirrels use the guttering on the buildings to get around :)

[​IMG]

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Nice shots Richard....

.. now whats Scounting? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

Great shots Richard. Your first one no doubt is in contest with my squirrel shot, it's excellent.

4. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Whatever it is, I'm NOT doing it. :D

5. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

I used to like tractors, but now I'm an extractor fan. ;) :D

Seriously it's an excellent shot James. It sort of reminds me of a Constable painting. The Ninja squirrel made me laugh out loud. Superb. :cool: :cool:

6. stenchbings

stenchbings Well-Known Member

some great shots! ninja squirrel is the star by far. hope to come on one of these trips soon.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thanks for organising this and putting me up Mike....was a fantastic day :D Feels more like we were there 5 minutes than 5 hours it went by that quick!

Anyway, the long lens didn't last on the camera before I had the close up lens out :D....

Am sure it was one of these I was photographing on the road but not this one as the one on the road flew away.
    [​IMG]

Also found a Lariniodes cornutus (as per my common spiders thread) so you do get them down south too. Sums up the day for me tho....spiders and blue skies :cool:
    [​IMG]

An ant that Colin got to do tricks :D
    [​IMG]

The spider I was photographing in John's pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not quite sure what it is yet :eek:

And a couple from the long lens up on the heath bit of the island....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

Great shots Andy all look really good.

9. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

some excellent shots there :cool:. I always enjoy the "meet" threads. :cool:

Nig. :)

10. Badgerman

As soon as I saw your Ant shot, I started itching all over again....I hate Ants.
    I never got round to trying your gear yesterday Andrew, after our chat and Ant dance session, I went on the Red Squirrel hunt and never got back to you....I will hopefully meet you again and have a go.
    Some very very good shots posted by everyone and nice to hear that a good time had by all. :)

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

:D
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Aye, look forward to meeting you again too. The day just flew by for me and with all these fancy bugs you have down here I'll no doubt be back again. Been out crawling about in the new forest today and saw a few more things I've never seen before too...am loosing count of the amount of new things I've seen in the last couple of days :D

Cracking shots all round...love all the squirrel and deer ones. I kinda forgot to look for those :eek: :D

12. Badgerman

Badgerman just dived into the header tank in his loft...... :D

13. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Superb images Andy. I love the first dragonfly photo - awesome. :)

14. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

A few more from me, thanks to all who came and made it such a good day.

[​IMG]
    Godwits, I think the tide seemed to be a bit low so the birds were further away than April

[​IMG]
    Little Egret

[​IMG]
    Pheasant, looks a bit disgruntled for some reason.

[​IMG]
    Not sure what type of dragonfly, but there were loads about.

[​IMG]
    Non wildlife for a change, Brownsea church

[​IMG]
    One of the fields on the southern side of the island, the heather among the grass attracted some butterflies but they were a bit active, hence no decent pic thereof.

15. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

What happened to the chickens that attacked me in April?
    :)

Good set of pics though.

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

They're still there....not quite sure how Mike managed to avoid a view with them in. Aliera was ooohing and aaahing over the little chicks :D

17. Linux_Lady

Linux_Lady Well-Known Member

You guys look like you had such fun - I was really gutted I couldn't come.. stupid foot :(

*toddles back off to the first page to perve at all the lovely, lovely men*

The photos look amazing.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :) :D

18. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Shame you couldn't make it Holly, we were all looking forward to meeting you. Hope your foot is on the mend. :D

19. Seven

Seven ..or eight

Great to look through so many shots from you guys, hope you rearrange sometime and hopefully we'll be able to make it! :)

20. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

There's certainly interest in returning, either over winter on one of the DWT trips when the island is closed to the public or around April next year.