1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

British GT 2020 (with 6 months of hibernation)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Fireproof Creative, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I posted - possibly understandable since motorsport has been in hibernation for most of the year :D

It's been a bit of a funny one, 2020 was lined up to be my first as fully paid Professional British GT shooter but the rise of bat cough pretty much scuppered all those plans and clients :(

Started out with the media day... which was alright

[​IMG]#1 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3: Graham Davidson, Tom Canning by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

[​IMG]#69 RAM Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3: Sam De Haan, Patrick Kujala by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

[​IMG]#22 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Shaun Balfe, Rob Bell British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Then a couple of days later lockdown happened and everything stopped. It wasn't till August that things all started up again, with significant line-up changes - but after 4 years working media side, restrictions kicked in and it was back to the cheap seats working behind the wire :( so from here on in its all spectator shooting for me.

4. Made a nice change to see Oulton in Summer rather than winter though
    [​IMG]#96 Optimum Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Ollie Wilkinson, Lewis Proctor - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. I resorted to hiding in the bushes and panning at 1/10
    [​IMG]Round 1 - British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Still got some of the standard stuff though
    [​IMG]Round 1 - British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

A chap called Matty White had shots from Oulton made me sad - so I systematically ripped him off when I went to Brands ;)

7. Even tried one of his vomit comet shots XD
    [​IMG]#21 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 570S GT4: Mia Flewitt, Euan Hankey - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

[​IMG]#2 Jenson Team Rocket RJN McLaren 720S GT3: James Baldwin, Michael O’Brien - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Paul M and dream_police like this.
  2. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

9. Still room for some cliches
    [​IMG]#69 RAM Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3: Sam De Haan, Patrick Kujala - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Skipped the first Donington Round as a precaution, was surprised I managed to do alright at the second.

10. through 2 fences and the bars of a gate :(
    [​IMG]#2 Jenson Team Rocket RJN McLaren 720S GT3: James Baldwin, Michael O’Brien - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

11. Creating my own angles
    [​IMG]#9 2 Seas Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Dean McDonald, Angus Fender - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

12. Panning the s**t out of Donington to make it look nice
    [​IMG]#30 Steller Performance Audi R8 LMS GT3: Richard Williams, Sennan Fielding - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

13. Spot the winner
    [​IMG]British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

... And that might be the last round of the year for me, with the increasing restrictions it's getting very hard to do the job - that said I'm lucky I'm not fulltime, so shout out to the folks that have had their businesses decimated by whats gone on... good luck, I hope things improve for you soon!

I can't leave it on 13 posts.... here's one more from the days when they let me play on the right side :)

[​IMG]#1 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3: Graham Davidson, Tom Canning by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

***Disclaimer: many of these shots have been manipulated because um... they look better and I like Photoshop :D

AndyTake2, Paul M, Dan S and 2 others like this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi, I sincerely hope you can restart the pro job! Fantastic shots. I’ve been (pedal) cycling past Oulton fairly regularly over the summer. Good to see what is behind the noise!

4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Excellent shots as always.
    Hope you can get back on the right side of the fence soon.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Brilliant shots. I had a day driving around Oulton with Nigel Mansell's driving school many years ago. That was fun.

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Possibly the best Disclaimer I've seen!

Pics aren't bad either :)

7. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

Great images - and love the manipulation.