1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

bridge cameras - under £500

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by southonline, Aug 6, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I'm looking at buying a bridge camera from my wife as shes getting the bug coming out with me, she doesn't want and DSLR ( thankfully ;0)) so I'm looking at good bridge cameras - I do like the look of the Fuji FinePix HS50 EXR and wondered if anyone had any experience with it or another good camera - I'm looking at spending around £500 max

the camera will be used for general photos

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

BEWARE!
    My wife said the same thing. I gave her my Nikon P510. Three weeks later she said, " This thing isn't good enough".
    She now has A D3200, kit lens, 55-200 and a 50mm prime.
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!:D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. southonline

:( ... just bought her the Fuji FinePix HS50 .... no WAY I'm sharing my L lenses ( thats the posh lenses for you nikon guys ;o))

hopefully that will do for now ...

4. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

You mean the lenses that discerning Canon users paint black so that no-one knows what they are really using?

(Sorry - I appreciate that the phrase "discerning Canon users" is a contradiction in terms but, hey, it's only 2 more days until the weekend.)

:)

5. southonline

LOL ;o)

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

My wife has a FZ38 that she bought second hand for less than £100. She regularly takes nicer pictures than me. The sound you can hear is my teeth being ground down to stubs...

:)

7. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

I offered my wife my year old FZ100 when I traded up to the 600D, she not nah, it's too big.

The FZ served me well and hooked me into moving upwards. Quality ok but on full zoom it deteriorated very rapidly.

8. southonline

we were out last night and she got a great photo with her iphone:mad: needless to say I was supportive, gave her some tips, but finished with it being a nice "record shot" ;O)......I quickly deleted mine

that was my only saving grace with a DLSR, she wanted something that was small & light....phewwww ;o)